• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

The official "I have my Droid 2" thread

i omg i love this phone! the keyboard is soooo awesome! i literally thought my hands and arms would turn robotic like the commercial bcuz i was texting soo fast! i couldnt text fast on the droid1 because the keyboard is off-centered bcuz of the d-pad.

who else is loving the pinpoint option while using either keyboard. its soooo useful.

Glad you like it! Are you getting use to the color? LOL! So different then the D1 huh :D

Upvote 0
I beginning to accept the color because it feels cool to have a different color phone then the other droids. the silver and blue has grown on me.

this phone is awesome!!!

Once I put the cover on mine it kinda looks the same as my old Droid.... I do like the silver better but Im gonna keep it safe before trying to show it off...

Upvote 0
im also loving how comfortable it feels in my hand than the droid 1, the fact that they took away the zoom buttons from the browser (they were a pain!) and that when i update my status on facebook, it says "via DROID" and not facebook for android. i thought the custom ui would bother me but i actually love how all my messages and social networking are all in one! the keyboard is sweet too!

i use launcher pro anyway so i dont have to deal with the sketchy stock launcher but still use its widgets!

Upvote 0
I figured out why I can't find swype. The place I got my phone from sold me a droid 1 as a droid 2 so now I get to go back in on Monday and swap after I just put a $25 screen protector on it and got all my apps loaded. Great.....

Oh that is so wrong! I would make sure they credit it you for the screen protecter. The apps are linked to your google account and will automatically download when you set up your next phone.

Upvote 0
im also loving how comfortable it feels in my hand than the droid 1, the fact that they took away the zoom buttons from the browser (they were a pain!) and that when i update my status on facebook, it says "via DROID" and not facebook for android. i thought the custom ui would bother me but i actually love how all my messages and social networking are all in one! the keyboard is sweet too!

i use launcher pro anyway so i dont have to deal with the sketchy stock launcher but still use its widgets!

Mine doesn't say that :( It says facebook for android....how did you get it to say DROID??

Upvote 0
Its says that when I update my status through the built-in social network. I don't use the facebook for android app anymore. There's really no need for it with motoblur or what ever this custom ui is called.

Ahh, gotcha! I will try that :) Thanks for the info! I deleted the social network from my screen and never gave it a second thought.....checking it out now :D

Upvote 0
I like that too! Unless the phone is "sleeping" then you have to slide to answer.

Oh and I did what you said, and now it says DROID :D

o yea, forgot about that. but atleast you dont have to do it all the time. that sliding gets sketching especially when your doing something and it pops. alot of things approved with the droid 2.

Upvote 0
Loving the DROID2 after having it for 2 days. I got the R2D2 with my new every 2. The thing that I find most impressive with the DROID2 over the DROID is how much better thought out the navigation and maps layouts are, especially when launched from the car dock app. They really improved on something that was already great.

Upvote 0
Have they fixed the facebook sync yet??...heh... Thats the only thing I miss about my Vanilla Droid 1...Not sure why moto doesnt understand, that without the NinjaBlur they would sell more devices...

Still using no blur items and Syncmypics...

Theres a problem with facebook sync:thinking:

i dont have that problem.:)

I have to admit, Motorola's custom skin is sorta sketchy navigation wise, but i still use the awesome widgets with launcherpro. they are pretty nice. my fav widget is the news widget becuz u can subscribe to custom feeds and it shows them. i have sort of a tech new widget becuz i subscribed to droid-life, pocketnow and xda-developers. its pretty awesome! better than the stock froyo news app where u cant choose what news you want. i love the blur widgets!:D

Upvote 0
Have they fixed the facebook sync yet??...heh... Thats the only thing I miss about my Vanilla Droid 1...Not sure why moto doesnt understand, that without the NinjaBlur they would sell more devices...

Still using no blur items and Syncmypics...

Not sure what the sync issue was? Please elaborate. But the facebook app for Android has always sucked.

I do like the Social Networking app though

Upvote 0
Not sure what the sync issue was? Please elaborate.

With the Droid you were allowed to just sync Facebook to your current contacts... With Blur it puts all contacts in there even if they dont have a # on file... I do see though that you can sort contacts with a tab, so I do have my account synced and keep my contacts set on google...

Upvote 0
Ahh. Right. I did notice that when I put in my facebook account. Indeed I did like that feature, that you could update with just the current contacts you have. However, I have not had too much of an issue with it, especially when i type the first few letters of the name out.

But in the end, I would like that feature back.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones