1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General The official "I haven't installed the update yet" thread...

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by WizeGuyDezignz, May 20, 2011.

1. WizeGuyDezignz

WizeGuyDezignz Android Expert
    None

Apr 18, 2010
    San Diego
    So, am I the only one who has NOT installed the update yet? I can't get the update to come up when I'm on 4g/3g, but I did get it to come up using the 1x trick. Even then, I didn't install it, I was just curious to see if I could get it to come up.

I just know that there is the reboot issue and that it didn't really fix anything significant. And since I've had my Bolt, it has never rebooted, so why mess with that?

I am just going to wait until they release the update with the reboot fix and then I will get it. Anyone else not install the update yet?

Advertisement

2. aileendq

aileendq Well-Known Member
    None

Nov 6, 2009
    Female
    Boston, MA
    Me, partly because I haven't been able to get it. I'm content right now with the TB the way it is (no reboots, et.)

I'll wait it out until Gingerbread hits.

3. Gravytrain

Gravytrain Android Enthusiast
    None

May 7, 2011
    Do not update. Consider yourself very lucky

4. elements

elements Member
    None

Apr 21, 2011
    I'm holding off too. This thing has enough annoyances. I don't want to add any more.

5. jennay22

jennay22 Well-Known Member
    None

Apr 19, 2010
    VA
    I haven't done the update either. I was actually waiting to hear the reviews on it first before looking for it and downloading it. Then I heard all about the reboots and that was it. My phone is fine the way it is. My 3G connectivity is pretty good, better than it was after the 4G outage. I'm happy right now. I'll wait until VZW pushes the update to my phone.

6. WizeGuyDezignz

WizeGuyDezignz Android Expert
    None

Apr 18, 2010
    San Diego
    Good info here guys and gals, thanks for the reponses. Like some of you, my phone has been fine, I don't want to mess with that right now. I never get reboots at all and my 4g/3g has been fine. I think living in a big city (San Diego) helps, but I will take it.

Glad to hear that I'm not the only one! :D

7. CegAbq

CegAbq Well-Known Member
    None

Nov 15, 2009
    Albuquerque
    I don't have the update; I wasn't having any of the problems (knock on wood) that the update was supposed to address, so when I began reading about all of the problems, I was perfectly happy to leave it alone for now.

8. qingshan

qingshan Lurker
    None

Mar 15, 2011
    helping people
    SoCal
    I kept trying to get it and now I guess I am glad I failed. I was told by a Verizon person that the update had been pulled and will re-appear in a few weeks. Seems like a good idea to wait and watch again after it comes out to see if it works better than this one

9. TxGoat

TxGoat Guest
    None
    I haven't updated, but my phone was doing some weird shit yesterday saying it was trying to update. I didn't initiate the update so I hope I didn't accidentally accept an update by accidentally tapping on the screen. What version is present if it's not updated? My software # is 1.12.605.6

10. Rommel1

Rommel1 Newbie
    None

May 5, 2011
    New york
    I've had my Tbolt a couple weeks now. It's working great in NYC, so I feel no need to "fix" something that's not broken.

11. TxGoat

TxGoat Guest
    None
    My phone just updated on its own last night and not even 10 hours after I updated, it rebooted. Keep an eye on your phone if you don't want the reboot.