• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

The Official "I've Got Mine" Thread

theandies

Android Enthusiast
Jan 15, 2011
Warrenton, Va
All that have received their Prime please chime in.
I got mine today. Really lucked out on December 22 in the Staples thread and somehow slipped through pre-order purgatory and now have one. I went home, unboxed it and plugged it in. It booted and I played with it for all of 3 minutes. Looks real nice and thin. I turned it off to let it charge while I finish up at work. Can

Got mine tonight from Best Buy. First impression: It is more laggy than my Epic Touch... I hope ICS speeds things up

That isn't saying much to me. My Epic Touch doesn't lag. :) Next week, if all the stars line up correctly, and my fingers and toes are all crossed, I too shall be able to make this comparison. Still show delivery date of Jan 5, Amazon. I'm assuming they must be planning to receive a shipment Tuesday or Wednesday after the holiday, and then overnighting to me (which is what my order calls for).

Upvote 0
Yup I got my supertabet lol.
32 gb Grey from best buy.
I love it!
Will root when possible.

I did a bit of searching, and it seems there is a method to root the prime out there, but the firmware update destroys the path. Plus if you do root, I've been told it spams you to update constantly and after enough denials, it will actually force the update. Guess I'm waiting for ics for root.

Upvote 0
Liking ours!!:D:D Battery life is outstanding but coming from an rooted Evo, it wouldn't be very hard to beat that:p

Other than the possible GPS issues,(I haven't really tried to troubleshoot, not that important to me right now;)) I'm impressed with the speed and feel of the tablet. Speaker sounds great using Google Music. The games are fluid without any sort of lag:D All things considered, a must have, imo;)

Being this is my first tablet but not my first Android device, we are highly impressed:D:D If anyone is on the fence about buying or returning this tablet, I'm not sure why, I would highly recommend:):):)

Reactions: JackG058
Upvote 0
I did a bit of searching, and it seems there is a method to root the prime out there, but the firmware update destroys the path. Plus if you do root, I've been told it spams you to update constantly and after enough denials, it will actually force the update. Guess I'm waiting for ics for root.

I would think that developers will wait for ICS to root the device, then when root is found, the game will be on:p:)

Upvote 0
I would think that developers will wait for ICS to root the device, then when root is found, the game will be on:p:)

That would make sense. Would seem futile to fix the root method to only have it broken in less than a month if ASUS does in fact send the ICS update in January. Here's the link to the root method in case you want to start the all things root topic using this method. The website doesn't seem to indicate it's compatible with the prime, a lot of other blogs, including android central seem to think it is.

Introducing: Razorclaw v1.0.1 (Updated Dec 25: Don’t get latest OTA!) AndroidRoot.mobi

Upvote 0
This is my first tablet and I am loving it. Everything seems smooth as silk to me. I initially got this to replace my couch laptop. However I am finding myself using this more and more outside of the "only for browsing and emails". Been using it pretty heavy since last Tuesday and have only had to charge it twice. I just received the keyboard dock yesterday, so that will help extend the battery life even more.
BTW this is one sexy beast. Put it in the keyboard dock and it is even more slick looking. I got the keyboard mainly for my wife, but it's so cool looking I leave it docked for the eye candy.

Bottom Line: I was worried I would have buyers remorse for something I may not have really needed. So far, 1 week later I am still as excited to use it as I was on day 1.

Reactions: JackG058
Upvote 0
I appreciate all the posts from those who have received theirs. I'm enjoying the Prime vicariously through all of you right now. Next week can't come soon enough. :)

Just think how much better it's going to be to have one in your hands. Think of it like a late lunch, you are really hungry at noon but can

Reactions: JackG058 and ta2dxb
Upvote 0
Just got out of the shower and saw the UPS truck go down the street. I totally freaked thinking they came and didn't leave it (wife was in the basement putting Xmas stuff away). I ran to the front door and there was no sticky note saying they attempted delivery. I looked down and there it sat on the porch (I could have sworn my BB shipping info said signature required, but I'm not going to complain now).

It's here - and it's charging as I type this. It switched on for a minute when I plugged it in to charge it, but I shut it back down because it was still a little cold from being in the truck.

Now what am I going to do with myself while it charges/warms up!?!?!?!?!?

~Gary

Upvote 0
Got mine Dec 22 via Gamestop pre order.

Great machine, no lag. Running Christmas HD Live Wallpaper, and it flies through the home screens.

Even iPad owners are impressed.

Took it into Best Buy looking for accessories, and the geeks were drooling. No accessories, btw :/

But, yeah, same GPS issues.

I do like how you can set it to different speeds/power to conserve battery when you were doing something simple that doesnt require processing speed. That may be a Honeycomb thing.. Wouldn't know.

Sexy it is.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones