• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root The Official One-Click Rooting Solution for Droid Thread!!! :D :D LATEST: V2.0.4

Thanks for letting me know it's working guys!! :D :D

@tjs0223 - Go ahead and try it, the worst that will happen is that you won't be rooted, but try again after rebooting your phone and it should work ;)

@kratos - Wow... that app will find its way onto my next Droid lol!! Now if only everyone who had success would donate $1, I could get a new one... lol jk jk!!

Upvote 0
OK I have tried this at least 4 tries on my Droid tonight and no luck . I am on 2.2 update with FY22 or what not . UM any ideas ? I do have everything downloading off of 2.04 beta , I also tried the first one as well and no luck with CM program . I will keep trying 2mrw .This seems frustrating cause others have it work so simple grr

Make sure the cmd prompt is the only thing running while your try to Root. Thats what I had to do, it didnt work a few times, then I shut down Firefox and a couple other programs I had running. Then it worked :cool:

Upvote 0
RDKamikaze,
OK thanks I will give that a try this mooring .Had a late night last ha gotta love Friday's lol . Any who . I will report back on if i can get it to work today . Thanks again.

OK good news . I got it to work on the 1.8 Verison . But now I am trying to using wifi tethering for my laptop and ps3 . I can't seem to get the wep pages to come up loading at all . I do have the wifi signal but no page .

Upvote 0
Tried using Soup Or Root 2.04b, and now my phone will not boot. I was getting errors during install. Followed instructions, but I also turned on USB storage (it didnt say not to during your post).

Phone Make/Model: Droid 1
Firmware Version: 2.2
ROM Version (ex. FRG22D): FRG22D
Windows Version: XP 32 bit
Do you have admin privileges?: Yes
Is your phone on USB Debugging? Yes
Have you turned on USB Storage (that's a no no)? Yes.
What cable are you using?: Charging/USB cable
What port on your computer is it?: Not sure.

Upvote 0
If your phone won't boot, it's just frozen after the children spawn so take out your battery and put it back in. If it didn't say not to turn on USB Storage, then maybe that means not to turn it on. I'll be more clear in future releases though, thanks for letting me know :)

Just pull the battery, restart the phone, and try again with USB Debugging on, USB Storage off.

Upvote 0
Folks - need some seroius help. Just recieved a new replacement droid. i ran this program, worked great and had root. I was able to restore my applications via Titanium Backup. I went into ROM Manager and tried to go into ClockWorkmod recovery, but I'm not able to get to the recovery menu, I just get a an exclamation point in a triangle with a phone symbol at the bottom.

Now here is where I'm really screwed up, I rebooted my phone and everything booted up fine, but when I slide to unlock, Pro Home keeps force closing over and over, therefore I can't do anything. I can't get to settings to remove default, I can't do anything because of the constant fc'ing of Pro Home. I can tell you that while my phone is doing the FC loop, if I plug in my USB cable, I can see in the background on the menu bar that it's hooked up to my PC.

I don't know where to turn, your help would be greatly appreciated.

edit: Oh brother, now I'm stuck in a boot loop and if I can't get to recovery I really have no clue what to do.

Upvote 0
@DroidAddict - Please make a new thread instead of asking irrelevant questions about rooting on this one. You'll get a lot more and much quicker help, too ;) But to answer your question, you didn't flash clockworkrecovery mod first, did you?

Thanks, I did start a new thread. Somehow through sheer luck, while at the exclamation symbol, I randomly hit the camera button, volume rocker, and power button and managed to bring up the recovery menu even while that symbol was still showing. Then I was able to reset and reboot.

When I pull up Rom Manager, it showed clockworkrecovery flashed fine, so not really sure what has happened.

I still appear to have root, so I'll give another shot.

Upvote 0
Okay guys, I need someone's help! I have a new idea that was presented to me to make this much more stable but I don't have a Droid anymore!! So here's my question:

Who wants to be my extreme beta tester?

Being my extreme beta tester would require a few things:
1. Willing to reflash your Droid (if already rooted) to stock with RSD Lite
2. Willing to try something that *may* (but 99.99999% chance will not) brick your Droid (no different than if you tried any of my rooting options lol!)
3. Familiar with cmd just in case something goes sour
4. Has google talk so we can chat as you do the work
5. Really it's not much to be worried about, I just need a body with a Droid lol!
6. Common sense is a MUST!!! (dirr.. ;))

Upvote 0
Thanks to whoever it was who tested Soup or Root 2.05 Extreme Beta!! I forgot to include a pause but once I do that (and finish comiling) 2.05 Extreme r1 should work flawlessly!!

Once I get a few yays or nays on 2.05 working well I'll be sure to include it in my official 2.05 Beta release for everyone! :D

Download Soup or Root 2.05 Extreme Beta rev. 1!!!

Upvote 0
So, I am a noob as well, but was looking for a 1 click root program for my Droid, and found you (thankfully!). I downloaded the newest version to my PC (W7 64bit), and it got to the point where it asked if I downloaded the Motorola drivers. I answered no, and that was the last I saw of any function the program... So, my question now is:

1) I assume the Droid MUST be coinnected to the PC prior to beginning (obvious, eh?)
2) Earlier on, you stated USB debugging must be on.. still the case?
3) where do i go from here :)

EDIT: OK.. So I did get some prompts on my screen.. Asked about the Motorola drivers, and I answered NO. Did the program get and install the drivers, or was it just curious ? :-=) I was then asked for my forum username, and then advised that if I didn't see superuser in my app tray, to try again.. Superuser is indeed there, but no apps associated. I wanted to rrot the droid expressly for wireless tethering with Barnacle. When launching barnacle, I receive a message that the hardware needs to access su, and to root my phone... I'm going in circles here...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones