• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root The Official One-Click Rooting Solution for Droid Thread!!! :D :D LATEST: V2.0.4

New here, and sorry for asking dump question. After I get root, where is a good place to get a nice rom, and could you recommend a nice one?
Also, I assume the best way to install the new rom, would be to do it with "rom manager" I have seen mentioned here.

Thanks very much!!

Rom Manager is one of the easiest ways to get a Rom or kernel and such. Just my 2 cents though.

Upvote 0
Hello, first time rooter here. I followed all of the directions but when I try to root, it starts saying this and that failed because it is read only, and also said that certain things didnt exist. I have the latest MotoConnect drivers installed. Debugging is on, and USB storage is turned off. What's happening:thinking:

EDIT:

Nevermind! It worked after I tried again after this, thanks for such a quick and easy process dev!

Upvote 0
Hello, first time rooter here. I followed all of the directions but when I try to root, it starts saying this and that failed because it is read only, and also said that certain things didnt exist. I have the latest MotoConnect drivers installed. Debugging is on, and USB storage is turned off. What's happening:thinking:

EDIT:

Nevermind! It worked after I tried again after this, thanks for such a quick and easy process dev!
What method did you use? just wondering. thanks

Upvote 0
So the window just popped up asking if the superuser app is in the tray after reboot...but my phone isnt rebooting. How long do I wait for this to happen? I wish ther was some indicator on the screen to inform me on what length of the process is happening, if any. I feel like im just sittin here waiting on something to happen.

Update: ok, so after a few mins of waiting and nothing new happening. I reboot the droid. No SU app. And question, why is it that the Sour or root window shows 2.04 beta but the Download shows it should be 2.06?

Update(11:11am): Read through the soupnroot blog. 2.06 wasnt installing my driver. Using 2.05 version and it installed drivers, now im waiting(again with now load progress bar) for the process to continue. We'll see what happens this time!

Update(11:27): Nothing. looks as if in the task bar that the SoupnR activity was paused? With a blinking (x). Had to perform a batty pull. going to try this yet again....

Update(11:39): its been 10 minutes now. Nothing has happened. used 2.05 extreme dl, used 2.06beta dl, nothing is happening. Frustrated, blown, and ready to quit this damn process. I thought this was going to be easier than the old school way. Naaah. Now i got to go back and see how I rooted my phone prior to this one click bull chit way. (factory replaced droid I)

Upvote 0
Okay so I tired rooting my phone and as far as I know it worked until i got to downloading the "ROM Manager" thing and then when I click on something it goes "An error occurred while attempting to run privileged commands!" I have absolutely NO idea what to do now. Please PLEASE help me.

Are you sure your rooted? Do you have the superuser app in the drop box? The pirate android w/ bones beneath it.

Upvote 0
I tried soup or root on my Moto Droid running FRG22D 6 times, nothing happens. I followed all the steps as listed. Just nothing seems to happen..

I waited for up to 5 minutes after the completion dialog the phone never rebooted.

After getting the completion dialog, I do see that the phone reconnects to the PC. Other than that there is zero indication of anything happening on the phone or on the PC.

Upvote 0
I'm not the Dev, so I cannot speak for him. However, I do know that this is using a method that (as of right now) is only guaranteed to work on builds up to and including FRG22D.

In other words, I would assume that this will not work for FRG83D. I, personally, wouldn't even try it on FRG83D until the Dev responds with an official statement.

There are other tools available for rooting that are confirmed to be working with FRG83D. Check the sticky in Droid All Things Root for links.

Kratos

Upvote 0
Maybe I didnt see it but I couldnt find any method that states that it will work with the FRG83D build. I checked out the How to: Root Your Android Phone ( superoneclick method) on the Unlockr site. The Moto Droid is not on this list that states it will NOT work, however it appears that the afore mentioned procedure was posted before the FRG83D OTA update rolled out. What is the "confirmed" method for this build. Any help would be appreciated.

Upvote 0
I won't say for certain but the method used is simply an automation of the proces detailed by OMJ in the following link:

http://androidforums.com/droid-all-...oid-without-rsd-lite-up-including-frg83d.html

In that link someone (tnorris) used the rageagainstthecage.zip process to obtain root after the FRG83D update so I would imagine that this should also work since it is the same, but it never hurts to PM the developer or use the process in the above post. :p

Upvote 0
:D
Secret
about anti-virus software, they are always going to see all exploits (roots & hacks) even ones for your cell phone, as a virus. In reality all exploits are viruses (simply means the code does something to the original code that someone else doesn't want done to the original code, do you honestly think your cell carrier is kosher with you rooting your phone, NOT, LOL. So get your root or hack software from a reliable source because your anti-virus is always going to recognize it as such, the nature of the beast, but don't just take my word ask around the developers, not not the anti-virus companies, hmmm.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones