1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

The Official "Should I Buy an HTC Inspire" Thread

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by surfologist87, Feb 5, 2011.

1. surfologist87

surfologist87 Android Expert

Well, If you are on the fence of weather or not you should get it, then the answer is simple:
    DO IT!!!

The Inspire looks a lot like the Evo and the Evo has performed well. If you head over to the HTC Evo forums, you can learn a lot about it and what it can do. Not only the features of the phone, but the possibilities of what you can do when you root it.

Ive had an Evo since launch day, and I have yet to find a current phone or a future phone i plan on switching to. Right now, the Evo is the one and only phone on the market that i want. I plan on staying with it for a long time.
    If the Inspire lives up to its rumors of being the 'Evo of ATT', then you all will have yourselves a nice little toy.

Good luck to you all. :)

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Thanks for the plug :) but the Inspire is the desire HD not the EVO although similar in some slight aspects almost totally diffrlerent

3. Aatos.1

Aatos.1 Android Enthusiast

Well said, I've been waiting for a long time for this phone. I have so many friends with HTC phones. Great build quality, fit and finish, with Sense. In fact this new version of Sense that will interact with the new web site is going to be fun.

I'm very eager to get my hands on the Inspire.

4. Makes two of us friend :)

5. Loiselle

Loiselle Well-Known Member

Yes.

/close thread

6. RkFast

RkFast Newbie

I did the RadioShack thing, which is a great deal, considering the $30 credit you get for accessories, and Im really psyched. One thing DOES concern me and thats the devices size/weight. I currently have a BB Curve 8900 which is 3.5 ounces. This is is over 5. And its much larger. What concerns me....this sounds silly...is that Im a cyclist and Im wondering where the hell Im going to put this thing when Im on the road for 4-6 hours at a time. I guess it will go in a jersey pocket or something...just hope it doesnt feel like Im carrying around a brick. Yes....we do do count every gram of stuff to carry on rides.

7. Blanco720

Blanco720 Android Enthusiast

Im sure they will make arm pouches for it. It will fit inside an Evo sleeve im fairly sure. Or at the very least something made for the Desire HD.

8. yea there will def be something for it

9. bobojay

bobojay Newbie

Trying to decide here too. Go with the EVO, Thunderbolt, or Inspire. I know Sprint's plan will be a bit cheaper w/450 mins & unlimited everything else. Verizon will be a bit higher, maybe $10-15. more per mo. Lots better coverage in the boonies, which will help with our internet on the road while RVing. Or AT&T which we're with now, (still 5mos. to go on our dumb phone contracts), with BIG gaps in 3g coverage right now.

Decisions, Decisions.....:eek:

10. surfologist87

surfologist87 Android Expert

With sprints plan, that 450 landline minutes.. and unlimited mobile to mobile minutes, any carrier. That is huge for me, being that most of my minutes are to other cell phones. Also, the Evo can be forced to roam on verizon, which will give you that better coverage when you need it.
    Just saying, there are those possibilities. This phone with ATT looks great though. I think when i visit my father and tell him about it, he will want one next (he has 3gs right now).

11. Allenfx

Allenfx Android Enthusiast

This seems to be the upgrade path of choice for us 3gs users (probably 6-7 just in this forum).

12. bobojay

bobojay Newbie

Thought of a question though. AT&T's 3g coverage sucks anywhere but in larger cities. Basically just Edge in the boonies, if there's coverage at all.
    Does this new "almost" 4G that they are implementing cover the whole network? Or just previous 3G areas?

Anybody know?

13. Its basically gonna cover where existing 3G is while edge will be covered by 3G to where eventually it will all be covered by 2012