• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

The OFFICIAL US LG G3 Thread!!!

Since the LG G3 is up for pre-order on AT&T today, I felt the time was right for a thread strictly for US users of the LG G3. This thread was created partly because it has been suggested in a review in PhoneArena that non Korean models could perform differently than Korean models (see review here: http://www.phonearena.com/reviews/LG-G3-Review_id3718). In this thread, US users can share their experiences: this way, there will be no need to wade through other threads that cover other countries.

Also, please feel free to share experiences with the pre-ordering process, shipping experiences, etc. This way, we can compare the carriers as far as efficiency, shipping speed, etc.

Have fun!

Reactions: zipred
Nothing to say yet. Ordered Monday night at midnight. It shipped out Tuesday next day fed ex. Now I'm sitting here waiting.

I will say the 50% off the G watch with order at AT&T was awesome. Were also running a free overnight shipping and no activation fee deal.

So order process was great and now I sit waiting for the truck, LOL

Very much looking forward to your review.

Upvote 0
I've been following the G3 for some time now. Being on AT&T I'm extremely interested and may buy one on Friday.

My only concerns are the reported heating issue and battery life since I am indeed a very heavy resource intense user for both work and personal usage. Yet that said I do have a very nice selection of Anker external batteries.

Everything else about this phone is almost too good to be true which is why I simply don't want to wait for other reviews to come in, even though I understand the risks an early adopter is exposed to.

Any comments from others are quite welcome.

Thanks!

Upvote 0
I've been following the G3 for some time now. Being on AT&T I'm extremely interested and may buy one on Friday.

My only concerns are the reported heating issue and battery life since I am indeed a very heavy resource intense user for both work and personal usage. Yet that said I do have a very nice selection of Anker external batteries.

Everything else about this phone is almost too good to be true which is why I simply don't want to wait for other reviews to come in, even though I understand the risks an early adopter is exposed to.

Any comments from others are quite welcome.

Thanks!

Nothing trumps ones' own experience w/a phone.
I'm in the same camp as you,I like to try out the new stuff,not just to be 1st,but,if it interests me,then I'm in.

I'll be picking one up just as you.
Worse case scenario,take it back within 14 days & pay the re-stocking fee. :thumb:

Reactions: zipred
Upvote 0
Nothing trumps ones' own experience w/a phone.
I'm in the same camp as you,I like to try out the new stuff,not just to be 1st,but,if it interests me,then I'm in.

I'll be picking one up just as you.
Worse case scenario,take it back within 14 days & pay the re-stocking fee. :thumb:
Yes, we're on the exact same page. There's nothing like using it in ones own environment.

Thanks for the friendly reminder about the return period, I forgot all about it cause I've only returned one phone in the last five years...ha...ha...ha.

My favorite saying is "I haven't met an Android I don't like, just some are better than others" :D

Upvote 0
Me too, hopefully it's a worthy DNA replacement!

Amen to that.

By the way, as it turns out, apparently I didn't actually pre-order a G3. I couldn't get the website to process the order so I called. Turns out the rep took "I'd like to use Egde to pre-order an LG G3" to mean "I'd like to purchase an LG G2 and renew my contract".

Upvote 0
So I just called back because the original incorrect order was still active (first person didn't cancel it properly). I got someone who knew what they were doing and she got it cancelled. I then placed the correct order and she said they were in Stock and it would ship today. Not sure I believe that, but we'll see......

Upvote 0
So I just called back because the original incorrect order was still active (first person didn't cancel it properly). I got someone who knew what they were doing and she got it cancelled. I then placed the correct order and she said they were in Stock and it would ship today. Not sure I believe that, but we'll see......
Huh? :thinking:

Upvote 0
Should be. Much better chipset, twice the storage, 1gb more ram and micro sd :)

Even with Qhd, the G3 should better in all ways to the DNA. The one issue would be if the G3 has as good signal reception as the DNA.
Yeah, I am optimistic, the tear down I saw shows similar antenna geometry and radios as G2. Hopefully that miniscule amount of metal in the case doesn't affect it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones