1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

General The OFFICIAL US LG G3 Thread!!!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by pandacookie, Jul 8, 2014.

1. pandacookie

pandacookie Panda-riffic!

I don't have that problem, as I have unlimited data. Anyone else?

Advertisement

2. youxknowit

youxknowit Lurker

the LG smartworld app has free themes keyboard themes and fonts. some are cleaner than others...if those don't satisfy..? consider rooting or using a nerd party launcher

3. pandacookie

If you root, you can also use G3 TweakBox! ;)

4. youxknowit

youxknowit Lurker

ehh I'm over rooting phones.. the g3 works fine besides the auto brightness toggle and missing slider on the notifications

5. pandacookie

I do it out of habit. Plus, I like knowing I have access to root privs if I need them.

6. hilmar2k

hilmar2k Android Expert

I had the exact same issue. Phone did not like ART at all. Besides the freeze, the charger couldn't even keep up with power demand. I was plugged in and losing battery. Switched back and all is well.

7. drexappeal

drexappeal Extreme Android User

For those that don't charge over night, I highly recommend DS Battery Saver. It puts phone into deep sleep and definitely saves me when Battery is low. I typically swap batteries at night with my Note 3, and battery only drains between 5-7 with ds battery, power saving mode, and blocking mode on. Can't remember off the top of my head of g3 has a blocking mode, but figured I would suggest ds battery, just in case people want to try it out

8. hilmar2k

hilmar2k Android Expert

Why wouldn't someone charge overnight?

9. Oridus

Oridus Android Enthusiast

not everyone has access to a charger overnight depending on lifestyle and/or career?

10. DragonDGG

DragonDGG Member

O and US LG G3 doesn't have wireless charging..... FTW

11. DragonDGG

DragonDGG Member

For some reason the stock setting on every android has the CPU handle 2d animations. You can change this in the dev settings im getting with my tweaks about 2 days on a charge. My old note 2 was getting about 3...

Its white after all. If the theme is taking up ROM i want to use it ... its that simple :p. the black keyboard is much easier on the eyes just wish i could use the black theme.

12. meganoobie

meganoobie Well-Known Member

No adverse impact??

13. DragonDGG

DragonDGG Member

? well it doesn't stutter anymore soooooo that's a plus. Also you should kill the window animations if you just want it to go faster from panel to panel.

Would be sweet if this had the same powersave as the note 2. It would throttle the cpu and disable 2 cores.

14. drexappeal

I don't. In the event I get an emergency call, it's not the easiest to be careful about an attached chord when waking up from a deep sleep. That said, I actually can do it safely woth wireless charging.

15. drexappeal

Um, it does. Just have to get the cover. Ebay links already posted in the accessories thread. My g3 is rocking wireless charging already.

pandacookie likes this.
  16. mc9799

mc9799 Lurker

I have unlimited data too and so far am very happy with the G3. Going on 2 weeks now.

17. mc9799

mc9799 Lurker

Does anyone know when/If wireless charging will be a reality without the circle case?

18. hilmar2k

hilmar2k Android Expert

There are Qi backs on eBay now, though you have to do your due diligence to make sure you are getting the correct one.

19. drexappeal

See my post above. I've had my OEM gold wireless charging cover since last weekend, purchased from ebay. Works perfectly. The links had been posted in the accessories thread.

20. whitehat

whitehat Android Enthusiast

My 'Phone Scoop' RSS feed had an interesting post today. Even though I find this information almost unbelievable, I thought I should pass it along. I still haven't picked up a G3 yet.

Verizon Wireless G3 users can use the standard uninstall to delete the installed bloatware from their phones! :dontknow:

I still can't believe VZW would do something nice for their customers without someone holding a gun to their head. If someone with a VZW G3 would test this out I am sure we would all appreciate it.

21. hilmar2k

hilmar2k Android Expert

Nope.

22. Gremlin256

Gremlin256 Android Enthusiast

They are talking about apps they have installed during activation in the background..

23. lexluthor

lexluthor Android Expert

Only Hotels.com and that Clan game can be uninstalled the normal way. I guess that's their "test".

24. Gremlin256

Gremlin256 Android Enthusiast

Yep.. that was their test..

25. mc9799

mc9799 Lurker

Thank You.. I didnt see them on ebay yet. I'll check the accessories thread for the link.

LG G3

The LG G3 was the 2014 flagship device for LG, and was one of the first smartphones on the market with a 5.5-inch 2560 x 1440 display. It featured a Snapdragon 801 processor, 2GB or 3GB of RAM, 16GB or 32GB of internal storage, a microSD card slot, and a 13MP.
Tags: