• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

The "OMG I just ['got updated' OR 'updated'] to Cupcake" Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I just called T-mobile talked to a rep names Josh (He said he had a G1 too), and I asked him " Is there any way you can manually push through the update 1.5 to my g1?". He told me this rumor is inaccurate and laughed. He confirmed the update is an automatic process and that they have no control over it, "and if they did I'd already have it". So the waiting continues....Nothing here from southern california yet.

Upvote 0
wow, we got some impatient people here. Why does it matter if you're the first or the last? Do balloons drop if you are first? Will famous people automatically sleep with you?

Reality Check Time:
Everyone will have the update by the end of the month. Chill people. Rome wasn't built in a day. Relax, you'll get the update in due time. If the worst thing in your life is waiting for an update to your phone -- you are more blessed than you appreciate. There are children starving to death, there are people slowly and painfully dying of cancer, there are parents who don't know how they're going to keep a roof over their heads, there are people being slaughtered for loving the wrong person, we have soldiers across the ocean dying in two wars that may never end...
Waiting a few day or weeks to get nifty extra features in an update -- that's nothing in comparison to all that. Try to keep things in perspective.

Upvote 0
Hey guys, first time poster, long time reader.

I was able to get cupcake OTA on my phone by calling customer care. The first people I talked to weren't able to do it, but they said that the next tier of cc could help me (forgot what they called it LOL). When I finally got through to the next level the rep reluctantly told me that they are able to force it through for regular accounts, but not flex pay accounts (dont know why, didnt ask). Anyways, after the call I waited about 20 minutes and the update notification popped up!

I'm in the LA area.

Anyone who believes this bullshit, needs to be punched in the face.
I can make up some build number too from rooted 1.5 G1s. Im
in the LA area and they said they werent told about the update and Ive talked to aleast five people. WHOA CUPCAKEEEEEEEEEEEe kila-user 4.5 plat ______ yeah you left out the RC because you dont really have it.

/thread

Upvote 0
Anyone who believes this bullshit, needs to be punched in the face.
I can make up some build number too from rooted 1.5 G1s. Im
in the LA area and they said they werent told about the update and Ive talked to aleast five people. WHOA CUPCAKEEEEEEEEEEEe kila-user 4.5 plat ______ yeah you left out the RC because you dont really have it.

/thread

Yup, he's a liar.... can someone please explain to me why exactly someone would lie about it? Who does that benefit?

Like I said before:
Screenshot or it didn't happen

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones