• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

The "OMG I just ['got updated' OR 'updated'] to Cupcake" Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can't reinstall any applications or just some applications? I had this problem with certain apps that had updated themselves. The solution was to allow non-market apps under settings.

Any purchased applications. I finally fixed it. But now some apps dont work with cupcake such as chompsms and stuff like that. guess just got to wait for them to update to cupcake versions :)

Upvote 0
Any purchased applications. I finally fixed it. But now some apps dont work with cupcake such as chompsms and stuff like that. guess just got to wait for them to update to cupcake versions :)

chomp works on mine. but since i changed to cupcake, i like the default sms program because of the soft keyboard and predictive txt. omg i never thought i would say that haha

Upvote 0
chomp works on mine. but since i changed to cupcake, i like the default sms program because of the soft keyboard and predictive txt. omg i never thought i would say that haha

haha i know.

QUESTION : for ppl with rooted g1's and have the updated cupcake which is better the haykuro one or jesus freke's one?

also i heard from coolpstuts in his new video that cupcake should be coming out for regular users in a couple of days.

Upvote 0
this is for people looking/posting about the OTA update.

Why? Because you want it to be? The subject of this thread is "The "OMG I just got updated to Cupcake" Thread..." in the "Updates and Cupcakes" forum.

There's nothing there specifying OTA. Rooting to get the Cupcake update is still a way to get the Cupcake Update.

If you want an OTA update *only* thread then start one instead of pointlessly flaming people here.

Upvote 0
Be nice. If you'd like to suggest people post in another thread, or start another thread altogether, that's fine. Be cool about it. Don't get rude. People come here for help, not to get their questions nitpicked and slammed for not being in the perfect spot.

If you're feeling the urge to be an ass, move on to another forum, or just don't make any replies.

Upvote 0
Question for those who may be in the know (two questions):

1. Last time I was impatient and manually installed RC33... Does anyone know if that means that I'd have to do manual cupcake install as well, or it will still be pushed to me when time comes (installed official RC33, not rooted, moded, etc).

2. If I grow even more impatient this time and root my phone to get developers version of cupcake.... Would that switch me to having to manually install all upcoming updates, or I'd still be getting OTAs? Will I lose my root if I accept an OTA in this scenario?

Thanks,
LEM.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones