• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
Ladies and Gentlemen.
The one and only official SYSTEM-RW for Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra (and other devices) by lebigmac has finally arrived.
Always download the real SYSTEM-RW by lebigmac and never trust any dubious fake wannabe copycat imitations.
Enjoy :D

(Installation and usage instructions are included in the readme.txt file)

That fake wannabe ketan can go look for a new job now! Oh BTW give me back my original System-RW program name that you stole from me thank you! Run Ketan run and never look back! Farewell!

king-xavier-woods-crown.gif
black-panther-killmonger.gif
king-booker-kiss.gif

The prophecy has finally been fulfilled for the Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra users :D(y)
With some tweaks it could also work on regular Galaxy S23 and other models...

Enjoy debloating and further customizing your read/write-able next-generation Android device!

DOWNLOAD

Samsung_galaxy_s23_system-rw_teaser_lebigmac_WWW.SYSTEMRW.COM.jpg

Last edited:
Great news! New Kill Setup Wizard feature was just added to my unique and original MakeRW / ro2rw by lebigmac script ;)(y)
Coming soon to a next-generation smartphone near you!

makerw: Custom input detected: ./bin/../img/system_a.img
makerw: Custom size detected: 0
makerw: Custom growth factor detected: 300
makerw: ADB ROOT feature detected
makerw: Kill Setup Wizard feature detected

makerw: Initiating MakeRW / ro2rw procedure...

makerw: Current size of system_a.img in bytes: 6229852160
makerw: Current size of system_a.img in 512-byte sectors: 12167680
makerw: Current size of system_a.img in MB: 5941

makerw: EXT4 file system detected @ system_a.img
makerw: ADB ROOT SUCCESS!
makerw: Setup wizard successfully disabled
makerw: Shrinking system_a.img to minimum size...

Resizing the filesystem on ./bin/../img/system_a.img to 1467816 (4k) blocks.
The filesystem on ./bin/../img/system_a.img is now 1467816 (4k) blocks long.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
it's been several days since I used your script on my Samsung Galaxy S23 (SM-S911B/DS) and everything works perfectly. I had a little trouble understanding how your script worked, you will need to install Magisk 25.2 and twrp recovery and wipe format data on your smartphone
unzip the archive and recover the "sysrw_1.41" folder and copy paste into the /data/local/tmp/sysrw_1.41 directory of your smartphone.
you will need "Terminal Emulator v1.0.70" app
here are the commands to use
su
cd /data/local/tmp/sysrw_1.41
chmod +x ./sysrw
sysrw size=@auto'

The script will start to run, after a few minutes you will get the "super_patched.bin" file /data/local/tmp/sysrw_1.41/img/super_patched.bin which you will need to rename to "super.img".
Use 7-zip to compress the file to .tar, all that remains is to flash this file using odin3 by choosing AP.
Important thing to know, only the "System" folder will be in RW.
odm product system_dlkm system_ext vendor vendor_dlkm will stay in RO.
I hope that a next update can bring RW to these folders :D

• Love
Reactions: lebigmac
Upvote 0
Hello @zdlitov. Thanks for your review :D(y) I can't believe my program actually works on standard Galaxy S23 too! That's wonderful news! What about the ADB ROOT button in my new Ultimate DIY Custom ROM Maker ( ROM-Maker ) app? Does it work on your device too ? It was originally designed on Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra. I should be able to make it work on all next-generation Samsung flagship devices in my next version ;)(y)
and wipe format data
No you don't need to format /data. You just need to make sure that /data is mounted and decrypted properly before executing my program ;)(y)
The jackpal terminal app is included with my ROMmaker app and should be installed automatically but you can also extract the rommaker.apk and find all the external assets in the /res/raw subfolder ;)
Of course I can get rid of this external terminal app altogether and run my script in my ROM-Maker app itself but I am nowhere near Java expert so I decided to launch script this way :)

Regarding making all other EROFS sub-partitions RW, my script can do it no problem (just remove all those sub-partitions from exclude value in config.ini). And most phones will boot after that but for some reason these new Samsung devices refuse to boot if my script make RW all the other sub-partitions too. I'm sure it's possible to boot it with FULL-RW but it requires more RW experiments ;)
I already patched fstab to make all other sub-partitions compatible with EXT4 file system format but still bootloop :unsure: ... These new Samsung devices are very mysterious to me as long time Xiaomi user :D With my next-generation Xiaomi Redmi Note 12 (China) I don't have these problems and everything is RW as expected. :)(y)

If it makes you happy my official System-RW is all you really need if you are looking for the Magiskless Systemfull ADB ROOT also known as DOUBLE ROOT
Just make sure you grab the latest ROM-Maker app version!
BTW I am working hard on making my ADB ROOT solution more universal for you all to enjoy. Just give me a couple more days and the soup should be cooked :p

Last edited:
Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
You can do the whole ro2rw conversion process TWRPlessly by simply running my System-RW script as root from within Android operating system. To do that just install my ROMmaker app, press INSTALL button and then SUPER RW button. Then just pull the super_patched.bin to your computer and flash ;)

EDIT: GREAT NEWS! There should be a fresh ADB ROOT update coming this week by yours truly!
And next week I can fully focus on finally implementing the official F2FS-RW patch by lebigmac ;)(y)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
format data on your smartphone
you are right zdlitov. Sometimes after patching vbmeta verity and verification for the first time, device will go into bootloop and only way to fix it is format data or factory reset, but this have nothing to do with my script itself. This is a vbmeta issue I believe.

BTW NEW VERSION AVAILABLE MY FRIENDS!
ENJOY!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hello. New idea :

Add this parameter to both my System-RW / Super-RW and Make-RW / ro2rw scripts :

Bash:
fs="filesystem"

Here you can choose what file system the super image's sub-partitions should have.

Possible options :

Bash:
fs=ext4

fs=f2fs

fs=erofs

For example you could then simply run this command below to convert your sub-partition's default file system format to another file system format of your choice!

Bash:
bin/makerw in=img/system.img out=img/system_patched.img size=500 fs=f2fs

What do you think of the idea? Please let me know your opinion in the comments below. Thanks!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I have a very straight forward problem but not sure how to correct. I'm simply looking to copy a file, audio_policy_configuration.xml to system/vendor/etc which is for a a14 beta 1 gsi rom. Now obviously the following a14 beta's will be coming fairly regularly so I'm looking for the quickest way to allow me to apply/go from ro 2 rw.

Upvote 0
Hi @hooutoo did you try yet my latest sysrw_1.42 script that's inside my ROM-Maker v1.12 Android app? If yes please send me your log so I can check for errors.
Just click the DOWNLOAD button in first comment of this thread (it's the very first download link)
I have never tried my script in Android 14 or heard of anyone trying it in such a new Android version ?! You would be the first in the world to try it in Android 14 :D
Please report back your results here. Thanks.
Good luck!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hi @hooutoo did you try yet my latest sysrw_1.42 script that's inside my ROM-Maker v1.12 Android app? If yes please send me your log so I can check for errors.
Just click the DOWNLOAD button in first comment of this thread (it's the very first download link)
I have never tried my script in Android 14 or heard of anyone trying it in such a new Android version ?! You would be the first in the world to try it in Android 14 :D
Please report back your results here. Thanks.
Good luck!
Thanks for getting back to me. Yes I ran it per "To do that just install my ROMmaker app, press INSTALL button and then SUPER RW button.". The output, super_patched.bin is quite large, approx 8gb. I pulled it of to my PC and then tried to flash via "fastboot flash system super_patched.bin". Now I do this all the time so I was quite surprised to see it fail with the message "failed (remote: 'not enough space to resize partition'). I even tried the "fastboot delete-logical-partition product" command which completed sucessfully and tried to re-flash the system again. I got the same error. I'm now wonder if some the default sizes for the enlarged partitions is just too much. For right now I just need be able to write to system/vendor/etc.

Suggestions?

Upvote 0
I sorta went thru the log you requested and at this point I'm thinking that the defaults partition sizes might be too big. Please check my log and let me know what you think. Also, if I could make a suggestion. I think it would be easier for most if you dumped the output to the download folder instead of data/local/tmp/sysrw_xxx directory. The reason being is you can't see this directory from a PC so the output must first be copied to the download folder and then pulled off to the PC.

None the less, you can see from the log that the script ran successfully in a14 beta1.

thanks for you efforts.

Attachments

• sysrw_log.txt
    16.7 KB · Views: 113
Upvote 0
No errors in the script log itself? That's always a good sign :)

What phone you got?
Ok I just checked and it looks like /system/vendor/etc is actually a bind mount to /vendor/etc
So what you need to do is make the vendor.img sub-partition read/write-able.
By default my latest script version will make all your super image's sub-partitions RW simply by converting them from EROFS or F2FS to EXT4 file system. And if you didn't see any errors in the log that means your super_patched.bin should be FULL-RW ;)

I never saw that fastboot error you mentioned. Do you think super_patched.bin is too large to be flashed to your super block device?

Can you please zip your log subfolder and upload here? You can find in /data/local/tmp/sysrw_1.42/log

In the file lpdump.txt we can check your maximum super size :)

Wait in my script log we can see max super size too check this

sysrw: Total partition size: 8737509376, maximum super size: 21466447872
WTF ? Your super block device is 20 GB maximum size?! How is that possible!? I've never seen such a large super block device on any modern Android smartphone! Did you mess with it? Well 8GB sounds like less than 20 GB to me so I don't see why it shouldn't fit ... Maybe the 20 GB max size is an error? Did you check lpdump.txt ?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Wait a second your sysrw_log.txt mentions Google Pixel 5 as your phone and your lpdump.txt looks more LG-ish . Are you sure you are not mixing things up? Or did you mod your LG to make it think it's a pixel? :D That could very well be possible (especially with FULL-RW access) ;)
Nah, you have to remember that this is Pixel 5 a14 beta1 rom that has been run thru an Erfan conversion script that turns it into a project treble gsi rom. The rom/phone maybe labled as a Pixel 5 but the rom is running on a LG v60 much the same as if it were running on an actual Pixel 5 phone. The only problem is I have no BT sound on my headset, hence the reason I need to copy the audio.policy.configuration.xml file to system/vendor/etc folder.

I'm just too lazy to try and find the parm to change that's giving it the "Pixel 5" name. I did a quick check on build prop, but I'm really interested in getting BT sound more than anything else.

The good new is, you now know that your script runs on a14. BTW, I'm rooted using magisk 26100 version which maybe canary. Also, I'm not using twrp and don't really need it.

So can you please tell me how to mod your script so I only enable r/w and expand on the vendor/etc folder?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Wow that's just crazy. Too bad I don't know anything about GSI. Nobody ever teach me :( . It sure sounds interesting though...
Can you please send me the link to that conversion script through DM ? Thanks!

I'd like to help you solve your read-only problem but it's difficult as I've never experienced this fastboot error you mentioned before. Do you have a screenshot of the actual error by any chance? Thanks.

The file you said is 8 GB only and your super block device (/dev/block/sda25) should be 20 GB large according to your lpdump.txt so theoretically it should fit 2.5 times in there :D

How you like that LG by the way? I once had an LG phone but that was pre smartphone era and I remember it wasn't that great... I'm sure they're much better now :D

Last edited:
Upvote 0
LG v60 is a great phone, lots of power and will run most any treble gsi rom. Here is a great price! Also, I'm not real big into Erfan gsi conversion as I'm not interested in Rom developement. I do know that most any rom can be run thru the script which strips it down to a system.img. It does seem something you should be involved in mainly because that is a good point to change roms to RW.

Ok, so below is a screenshot of my fastboot error and here is an excellent explanation of my problem:

"The GSI image just consists of a system.img file. So when you are flashing a GSI ROM, you are actually flashing the system.img file to your device’s system partition. In this regard, these GSI ROMs are nowadays getting blessed with a slew of intriguing features which unfortunately also tend to increase the overall size of the ROM or to be more specific system.img file. However, the size of the system partition on your device is fixed.

So if you try to flash GSI ROM whose size is bigger than your device’s system partition, then you will be straightaway greeted with the FAILED (remote: ‘Not enough space to resize partition’) error. But there’s nothing to worry about. You could still free up space for the system partition by deleting the product partition. This will then give your device the additional space that was needed to accommodate the GSI ROM. And with that, the underlying error would be rectified as well."

So my guess is that system_patched.bin is still too large to fit into the predefined system.img space even after deleting the logical product_a partition with this command, "fastboot delete-logical-partition product_a". How do I change just the /system/vendor/etc folder to rw with a more managable size, say 1mb bigger?

Attachments

• Screenshot from 2023-04-23 07-29-43.png
    Screenshot from 2023-04-23 07-29-43.png
    224.4 KB · Views: 296
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Thanks for the screenshot. I see you tried to flash the super_patched.bin to your system slot. Why you not flash it to the super block device as you are supposed to? And why do you even have a system slot? I thought system is inside super.img in modern smartphones ?! :unsure:

fastboot flash super super_patched.bin

You can also check your partition layout by typing in terminal :

adb shell
ls -l /dev/block/by-name

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Thanks for the screenshot. I see you tried to flash the super_patched.bin to your system slot. Why you not flash it to the super block device as you are supposed to? And why do you even have a system slot? I thought system is inside super.img ?! :unsure:

fastboot flash super super_patched.bin

You can also check your partition layout by typing in terminal :

adb shell
ls -l /dev/block/by-name
That's most likely my problem. I'd just never seen it done that way. A little too tired to try this evening, been working on my cars today. Will try it in the morning.

Thanks for the tip!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones