• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

The only thing I miss about my Blackberry...

...is the customizable LED notifications! With my Tour I had BeBuzz which let me designate certain colored LED flashes for different notifications so I knew what I had before I even opened up my phone.

I guess I have two questions...

1. Is the LED on the tour only a green blinking dot?

2. Yes or no to #1, is there an app that allows you to customize the LED behavior?

Thanks for any help!

Handcent SMS is great for customizing texts. es, YGreen is the color for emails. I have changed my LED to pink for texts from general people. yellow LED for my husband, etc.. you can also customize the vibrate, amount of blinks.. it gets pretty detailed if you want it to. It also lets you customize different ringtones for different contacts as well. Also you can choose popup sms, so the text will come right to the front of your screen. i personally havent used it, but i have heard that it is well liked.

What other types of things do you want custom notifications for?
Craigslistnotifica blinks purple when something you are looking for goes up for sale..

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones