1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

The optimum micro SD for the G Pad 8.3

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by vtechnician, Sep 21, 2014.

1. vtechnician

vtechnician Lurker

Does anyone have accurate, objective figures for this device's maximum data transfer rates through its Micro SD slot?

Reason: I aim to use the micro SD slot for resident memory expansion onlyy, i.e. I have little need for removing the card to transfer data via anything faster.

Alternatively: A simple method or app to measure this would be helpful if no one knows these figs. However, I'm assuming that to measure it would require you to buy the fastest card in the first place, which would negate the main reason for seeking the answer.

Background: I am aware that buying the fastest micro SD card could be a waste of money if the maximum transfer rate of the G Pad 8.3 cannot match it's speed. Hence the reason for enquiring.

I am aware that if someone wishes to upload from a faster off-board device (like an expensive SLR camera), that buying faster memory would be appropriate. However, that is not my scenario and hence I do not invite any comments on this.

I contacted LG's UK on-line support and they haven't a clue (including what I was asking it seemed! I just gave up.)

I am new to the forum and have searched prior to raising this thread. Shoot me if you've seen the answer or question before, but link me to it first.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. KOLIO

KOLIO Guest

WELCOME TO ANDROID FORUMS vtechnician! :party:

According to this spec sheet & barring some sort of hardware/software restrictions,the G-PAD 8.3 is capable of using any SD Card that is available & is only limited by the rating of the SD Cards x-fer rate:

LG G Pad 8.3 LTE - Specifications

I suppose think of it in Flex-Fuel terms as in a car:
    It'll run as good as whatever you put into it.

SANDISK seems to be the card brand of choice & AMAZON usually has some of the best pricing on their cards,a virtual can't-miss.

3. ChadWilliam1

ChadWilliam1 Well-Known Member

I have a 64 gig Samsung in mine it was cheaper than a sandisk because at the same time I bought a 128 gig sandisk for my phone. I am going to try the 128 gig in my tablet to see if it will recognize it.

KOLIO likes this.
  4. ChadWilliam1

ChadWilliam1 Well-Known Member

The g-pad did recognize my 128 gig card FYI.

KOLIO likes this.