1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

The "Perfect Case" Does it exist?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by DILands, Aug 20, 2016.

1. kokiangel

kokiangel Android Expert

I'm so hooked on Samsung Pay that I haven't even taken my wallet with me this whole weekend. And I'm a girl!

toptobottom and The_Chief like this.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations!
    VIP Member

I love that Samsung Pay! Especially since it works with my chip Visa :D

3. major2112

major2112 Well-Known Member

I'm also in love with Samsung pay! I just started using this with my Note 7 and it is incredible as it works with all magnetic types as well as NFC. I got a $20 Samsung gift card with 1st purchase, then another $10 gift card with first purchase from my replacement Note 7 in the exchange!! Love that!

As for the OP. I use the tech21 evo portfolio style and love it also. I do understand the s-pen removal issue but luckily my pinky is small enough to get to it rather easily. I don't use a screen protector but I do spray it with the Kristall liquid protector for peace of mind as I like to go into VR quite a bit and don't want the extra layer.

4. drexappeal

drexappeal Extreme Android User

I went with a .99 ultra thin (0.3mm) transparent tpu with a spigen universal kickstand and it has been my favorite of all cases I've tried. I have an extra transparent vrs case with integrated kickstand, if you want to buy that off me for cheap.

5. drexappeal

Even though I thought I was "all set" as far as cases were concerned, I'm giving this one a go. One thing I didn't care for on the tempered glass (curved) protector was the raising/lifting from certain portions of the device. Even though it didn't affect my touch input, it was still disrupting, especially when I saw that the lifting was enough to let dust get in under the screen protector.

Before I found a review about this on Youtube, I actually bought it from ebay (more expensive than Amazon, by a couple bucks).

https://www.amazon.com/Beyond-Cell®Tri-Protection-Protector-Absorbing/dp/B01JN3JL0E/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1475002910&sr=8-1&keywords=galaxy+note+7+360+case+trishield

Buying direct, there's a 25% off coupon. And they even have an option to create your own!
    https://www.mybccase.com/pages/samsung-galaxy-note-7-custom-case

https://www.mybccase.com/collections/tmsn7/products/tmsn7tr01_k

#30 drexappeal, Sep 27, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2016
  6. toptobottom

toptobottom Android Enthusiast

Really nice looking but I foresee alot of dust entering through all of those openings and migrating underneath. If sandy grit gets underneath it'll probably start creating scuffed surfaces on the phone body and display (Bambi Glass).

7. The_Chief

VIP Member

I am totally flummoxed. My Note 7 fast wireless charges through my Spigen Wallet S case all day long... but another case, made of the same material and the same thickness, won't charge my phone! And I'd really prefer the second case, but I can't use it! UGHHHHH

8. mikedt

mikedt 你好

This is the case keep my N7 in. Samsung's own one. No problem wireless charging with it, and with the flip cover I don't consider a screen protector necessary, and can be difficult to do with the curved edge screen anyway. Colour matches phone perfectly. :thumbsupdroid: ...So IMO this is "the prefect case" :)

case1.jpg case2.jpg case3.jpg

Pics taken with Oppo R7 Plus.

#33 mikedt, Sep 27, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2016
  9. toptobottom

Mike, are those scuff marks developing at the upper left and lower left from the plastic curved edge on the cover?

Oh, and that cover isn't good for Chief because where would he put his gazillion credit cards?

10. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Actually it's blackboard chalk.:D Quick wipe with a cloth and it's pristine. I am a school teacher. :thumbsupdroid: Keep phone on the podium showing my lesson plans or other notes I use during classes.

I thought the whole idea of Samsung Pay and Android Pay, was that you didn't need to carry gazillions of credit cards around? LOL

I use mainly Ten Pay via Wechat these days using phone, or cash sometimes.

11. toptobottom

Chalk dust - That's a relief!

I remember in grade school when the teacher would select a student each morning to take all of the blackboard erasers outside and tap all the chalk dust out from the so they would be clean for that days use. We were supposed tap the faces of two together repeatedly until they no longer released dust but a bunch of us used to dot the entire brick wall leaving gradual fade out marks. Yup, I'm getting old! :cool:

The_Chief, mikedt and blackcar like this.
  12. kokiangel

kokiangel Android Expert

I remember that! It was so much fun!

13. The_Chief

VIP Member

Our classic prank was to take the little bitty pieces of chalk that were too small to write with and stick them into the erasers between the pads... when the teacher went to erase something, it made more of a mess than she started with! :D

kokiangel, toptobottom and drexappeal like this.
  14. toptobottom

YESSS! I forgot about that! I'm surprised I could even remember about cleaning the erasers - LOL :D

15. RancidRichard

RancidRichard Newbie

Attached Files:

16. drexappeal

Update on the 360 case. I really like it a lot. I opted to go without the kickstand and just moved the Spigen universal kickstand that I purchased. The front reminds me of the original Zagg screen protectors that had a rubbery feel and not smooth like glass. Considering how badly the tempered glass protectors did at adhering to the phone's screen, I think I'm gonna stick with this for a little while, until it gets really scuffed up or bad looking. It's definitely very thin and haven't seen any issues with touch input.

17. smwilkin61

smwilkin61 Lurker

Poetic affinity series from amazom.com with invis shield. Works nice and the poetic case is curved so it doesnt peel up the screen protector on the screen edge. Nice case for everyday use.

18. recDNA

recDNA Android Enthusiast

My idea of a perfect case doesn't exist but this is what I want:

1 stable kickstand for portrait as well as landscape viewing. Most only allow landscape.

2 good drop protection including high side edges to protect curved edges. I don't care if it prevents use of edge functionality

3 completely transparent no twinkles or sparkles

Now try and find that. No joy

Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Note 7 release date was September 2016. Features and Specs include a 5.7" inch screen, 12MP camera, 4GB RAM, Exynos 8890 Octa processor, and 3500mAh battery.

September 2016
Release Date
Reviews