1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

The Perfect Cloud

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Ken2Chill, Dec 22, 2012.

1. Ken2Chill

Ken2Chill Well-Known Member

I want to be able to to sync my entire sd card to Google drive. I want to basically live in the cloud. For example: I download file "random1" from my mobile browser, I go to my pc, or the google drive website and I see "random1" without having to manually sync or start a server. I go through life downloading, moving, editing, deleting files from my phone and have access to them as soon as I go to my pc. Is this possible? Thank you in advance.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. mikedt

mikedt 你好

I'm sure DropBox does that, everything is automatically synced together. Upload a file one device and it appears on all the other DropBox connected devices and PCs automatically. Same for deleting etc. Don't know about Google Drive, never tried it as it's not available here. If you live in Google's Cloud, don't come to China. :rolleyes:

3. Ken2Chill

Okay, but is it possible to, say : if I was writing and essay on my computer and I have to quickly run somewhere, to quickly pick up where I left off on my phone. The same wil happend for videos, searching, facebook... anything that can run on android.

4. MikeRL

MikeRL Android Enthusiast

I don't think drive is all that good with automatic syncing. Use Dropbox and tell it to sync all the folders you want. If you're syncing music and videos, that free space will fill up quickly. You could always get Dropbox pro if you don't mind paying. If you want to do everything as cheaply as possible, here's what I do. Turn on automatic sync for Android in settings and check off everything you want to sync. Use Google Play music for music streaming since they let you upload 200,000 of your own songs for free. Download and install the Play Music app. Use Dropbox for Camera uploads. For videos, buy an external hard drive. They cost around $100 for 1 TB ones. Transfer videos from SD card to PC to external hard drive manually. Save your docs to Skydrive or Google Drive or Dropbox. All are good for docs. This way isn't the simplest but it's the cheapest way for me. I do not want to pay $10 a month just for a little cloud storage. Plus, you control your external hard drive. Try out all the cloud storage solutions, but I would use Dropbox for photos, and Google Play for Music, and anything for documents. Perfect cloud does not exist (yet) but the next version of MS Office coming in 2013 will autosave once you first the the document in the form of backups in case of a crash and save to Skydrive by default.

mikedt likes this.
  5. mikedt

mikedt 你好

if the essay document is stored in DropBox, any changes you make to it on one device will be the same for all the others.

Same thing should apply to videos, or any other files you store there. Have you got a truly unlimited data plan? Because doing videos from the cloud to your phone, will consume a lot of data.

That's done in the browser. Bookmarks and favourites can be synced automatically. But if you want to be exactly where you left of here, say going from PC to phone or tablet. There's LogMeIn and GotoMyPC.

Ken2Chill and MikeRL like this.
  6. Ken2Chill

thx Guys, im using "Jump" in order to control my PC.

Motorola Triumph Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews