• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help The phone locked itself out of nowhere and added a password

Em Es

Lurker
Aug 27, 2021
Hello

I'm writing to help a friend solve this issue: Allegedly, they were just browsing their phone when it suddenly locked itself out of nowhere. Now, the only thing appearing is this screen attached into pictures below.

The phone never had any security, the main screen was Swipe to Unlock and no password had been set up, making this situation even weirder. None of Google log-in options appear either and I can't access the settings.

The text of the notification in the 2nd screenshot mentions that "Moto Action gestures are active"
Below it there's text that reads "Unlocking all data and functionality"

This is really weird. Anyone know what's going on and if I can bypass this?

IMG_20210827_184546344.jpg
IMG_20210827_194720444.jpg

Reactions: Mia Malkova
Your friend obviously did set up a lockscreen password at one time (just randomly guessing the necessary password is mathematically not going to happen) so you should be the proactive one and get things settled now. Have her go into the Settings menu, open up the menu for Security, and intentionally set up a lock screen with a password or gesture or whatever that she won't forget.

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones