• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

The power consumption is huge

fookxixi

Lurker
Jun 9, 2010
Yesterday, I was using the Google navigation on 3G network with the phone connected to a 500mA car charger. After 1hr, the battery dropped 20%...Anyone knows if a 1000mA car if enough??

Tonight, I was watching a Youtube HD video on 4G network (2/3 bars on 4G) with the phone connected to a 1000mA USB wall charger. After 10min, the battery dropped 2%...Well, even 1000mA cannot compensate the consumption of the battery.

The power consumption of this phone is ridiculous. Something must be wrong with the system/circuit design.

Yes & No , What you post seems normal to me. The Evo is about the same also. There is a lot going on inside that phone that needs a lot of power. The problem here is everyone wants all these features but still in a small light weight package so with a small battery you can only do so much with all that power consumption.

It's not the battery, but the ac adapter. The charging cannot compensate the usage of the power. Think about a laptop. It's even more powerful, but you can use it freely without any concern about the battery as long as you plug it in an ac adapter. Why can't Epic 4G do this?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones