• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

The problem with assumptions...

speedlever

Android Enthusiast
Jun 17, 2012
North Carolina
is that they don't always hold up in the light of day.

I assumed... that since I told my GS4-16 to save pictures to my SD card, that screen shots would go there as well. So I dutifully saved screen shots of my screen layouts and all my downloaded programs to prepare for my swapout.

So when I swapped out my GS4-16 for a GS4-32 today, I moved over my SD card and did a factory reset on the GS4-16.

Tonight, trying to go through my screen shots to setup the new phone... I find there are NO screenshots... other than a couple I took at the request of the forum here.

Son of a gun. So much for that grand plan.

I guess if I can't remember the program/app, I don't really need it anyway. Grumble...

There will be a record of anything you purchased or downloaded at the Google Play Store. To find out your specific apps open the Play Store app open then Menu and tap on My apps. The All tab reveals everything you ever downloaded from there. Quick question for you... How do you get to the menu in apps without a dedicated menu button, or does the S4 have a dedicated Menu button?

Upvote 0
There will be a record of anything you purchased or downloaded at the Google Play Store. To find out your specific apps open the Play Store app open then Menu and tap on My apps. The All tab reveals everything you ever downloaded from there. Quick question for you... How do you get to the menu in apps without a dedicated menu button, or does the S4 have a dedicated Menu button?

After writing the above post, I discovered I was logged into GooglePlay under a different account than the account I was in to get the apps originally. So the app listings are all there.

What I'm missing are my screen layouts and folder assignments. No big deal. But it would have been nice to see how I had everything laid out and organized. I'll just have to recreate it again. So it will be the same... only different. ;)

In regards to your question about the menu in apps... there's normally a softkey for the menu in an app. Hope that's what you're asking about. If not, I'm not sure what you mean.

I know it's a little late now but this is why you should wait a few days between transferring your data and wiping your old phone. It is hard to remember exactly what you needed and where it is so give yourself a few days to find out what you've forgotten next time.

At least it wasn't something really important.

In this case, doing the swap, I had to wipe the old phone on the spot. Oh well.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones