1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

The Process com.android.phone has stopped unexpectedly... please try again

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by DjDew, Feb 2, 2011.

1. DjDew

DjDew Lurker

So, hopefully someone here can help me before I go an kill my phone.. lol I have been working on getting ready to do somethings to my Ascend but before I do, what has me concerned is this, I get the error The Process com.android.phone has stopped almost every time I try to type a moderately long text. Anything more than two lines or 55 char. really makes it act this way, and then i have to try again, and again. I have to know whats up its annoying, and I want to be able to root my phone and do a few other things but until I figure out why its acting this way, with no mods, I am not doing anything to it.
    -thanks Dew :)

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. BlastGT1

BlastGT1 Android Enthusiast

If you haven't already, I would suggest trying to recover back to stock first, see if that resolves the issue.

Instructions Here

If you have tried that and it won't work, or you don't want to try it, I would suggest going back to the store and complaining about it, see if they can do something for you.

3. DjDew

DjDew Lurker

I havent done anything to my phone, it is stock, and almost new less than a month old.. Its been doing it since day one, I just thought maybe there was something I didnt know, or try to resolve the problem, before I go bitch at the cricket guys, or do anything to mod my phone, because the last thing I want is a brick... lol
    - thanks for your reply though, Dew

4. xxcam69xx

xxcam69xx Lurker

i had same problem. factory reset phone should fix it plus if you have shazam apk get rid of it .plus i have heard that launcher pro and a few other launchers fix this problem also but if the phone is as new as you say should'nt take long to get back up and to the way you had it after you reset ....

5. DjDew

DjDew Lurker

ive already flashed my phone back to stock already, twice... I have talked to a few people over at myascend.org and we have come to the realization that, my phone is lemon and I need to go to cricket and get another phone. I was going to do so today, but never made it there, so thats what im doing this weekend. thank yall for your help though!
    -dewww