1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

The process com.google.process.gapps has stopped

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by claprde, Jun 15, 2018.

1. claprde

claprde Newbie

The process com.google.process.gapps has stopped (kindle fire Otter)

Also getting server error. Wi-Fi on but cannot go on internet (re: cannot access and server error?)

Info about unit:

Android 4.3 - HellFire version 10.2-hellfire"Jelly 2.4 Kernel version 3.0.72+
    build number hf_otter-userdebug 4.3JSS15Q eng.john.20130827.214020 test-keys

Tried quite a few things like clear cache/data, force stop, re-booting modem and router etc.,

Help!!!

2. Unforgiven

Unforgiven ...eschew obfuscation...

Custom ROM? I think I'm reading that right, but wanted to be sure. I have one of the newer ones that are locked down pretty solid.

3. claprde

claprde Newbie

Any suggestions?

4. Unforgiven

I wanted to clarify that it was a custom rom. Standard advice for non-rooted / non-custom rom may not apply to rooted devices with custom roms. I'll do my best to help with either scenario, but I need to know which I'm dealing with.

5. claprde

claprde Newbie

Rooted device and custom rom...

6. Unforgiven

I would start by rebooting into recovery and wiping the cache partition. If that doesn't work, try reflashing gapps.

7. claprde

claprde Newbie

I believe I already tried that because I tried so many things. However I will try it again. Wi-fi being On and not being able to get on the internet just blows my mind!
    You mean reflashing gaps is by re-installing it on top of the present one..right?

Thanks for trying to help.....much appreciated,

8. Unforgiven

Yes
    No problem. FWIW, I won't be around for a week or so after today, so if something comes up, I'm not abandoning you.

9. claprde

claprde Newbie

Ok, did as per your suggestion and this is what happened.. Rebooted and the tablet optimized and after optimizing got the following message "unfortunately setup wizard has stopped"
    So when I press "ok" I get the famous message "the process com.google.process, gapps has stope" when I press Ok I now get the message about setup wizard. Now these message alternate and I go nowhere?

10. Unforgiven

Is this a modded gapps? Have you tried a gapps download from https://opengapps.org/? Just match the proc and os level.

11. claprde

claprde Newbie

The thing is with no internet I can do anything. Also I cant even see my tablet from windows.
    So, at present I can no longer go into the tablet because of " setup wizard has stopped" So I will do a restore of my system...

12. claprde

claprde Newbie

Just match the proc and os level. (don't know what you mean?) since I am no expert at this....

13. Unforgiven

Processor type in your Kindle (you should be able to google the specs for your exact model) and version of Android (7.0, 7.1, 8.0, etc.)

14. claprde

claprde Newbie

Built with Quanta Computer, the Kindle Fire was first released in November 2011, featuring a color 7-inch multi-touch display with IPS technology and running a custom version of Google's Android operating system called Fire OS. ...
    Operating system‎: ‎Based on Android OS 2.3.3 ...
    Manufacturer‎: ‎Quanta Computer
    Release date‎: ‎November 15, 2011 (US)

However the tablet was first rooted and if you refer to my first post I indicated the following:
    Android 4.3 - HellFire version 10.2-hellfire"Jelly 2.4 Kernel version 3.0.72+
    build number hf_otter-userdebug 4.3JSS15Q eng.john.20130827.214020 test-keys

Hope this helps?

Regards,

Attached Files:

Unforgiven likes this.
  15. claprde

claprde Newbie

Partially good news. I can now see my kindle in windows file explorer. Not sure what actually did it, wheather it was because I change the cable or that I downloaded and installed new MTP drivers.”Getting there”....

Unforgiven likes this.
  16. claprde

claprde Newbie

Other good news...I installed a new gaaps which appears ro be the right one and
    I can now access the internet.
    The bad news is I still can’t turn on Bluetooth tried all kind of things ??

Unforgiven likes this.
  17. Unforgiven

Sounds like you have gapps sorted. As far as bluetooth, that is going to be something the rom dev will need to get sorted.

claprde likes this.
  18. claprde

claprde Newbie

What do I do from here?

19. Unforgiven

Check threads for the rom you loaded, or the rom that is loaded. They may be here at AF or on XDA or any other site. Custom roms are just that, custom for the device, and dependent on the dev for fixing bugs, and users for reporting the bugs.

claprde and tube517 like this.
  20. claprde

claprde Newbie

Your help has been much appreciated...thank you very much!

Unforgiven likes this.
  21. Unforgiven

Anytime. I wish I could help with the other issues. :)

Amazon Kindle Fire HD Forum

The Amazon Kindle Fire HD release date was September 2012. Features and Specs include a 7.0" inch screen, 1.3MP camera, 1GB RAM, and TI OMAP 4460 processor.

September 2012
Release Date
Reviews