1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

The PSN is up and running as of 2:45 am

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Dark Jedi, May 15, 2011.

1. Dark Jedi

Dark Jedi Guest

I went to watch netflix on my PS3 and when I had to do that sign in crap just to get the message that the PSN is down for maintenance. I was surpised to see there was an update. SO downloaded it and it told me to enter a new password and voila I am logged in and working.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. lordofthereef

lordofthereef Android Expert

Unfortunately the server to reset the PW was down for two days following. It was nice to be completely blocked out of Netflix for that time period because Sony didn't have their S*** together...

3. log1c

log1c Android Enthusiast

hmm, is the network stable again?

4. NYCHitman1

NYCHitman1 Gun for Hire

They should have never relaunched PSN without having all their other servers and serivces up-to-date.

5. log1c

log1c Android Enthusiast

Oh silly Sony

6. gallandof

gallandof Android Expert

they definately should have waited to release the "welcome back" program details until the store was back up. It sucks know what I can download but not being able to download it

7. log1c

log1c Android Enthusiast

So is it fully up or still glitchy? I haven't touched the PS Network in over 3 months lol (well before the hacking began)

8. jroc

jroc Android Expert

Poor Sony....

I'm just trying to get the games they offered to PSN users for the first hack...

9. Dark Jedi

Dark Jedi Guest

I am sorry for the misleading title. I didn't check everything on there. I too hate having food dangling front of me but I can't eat it. Hope Sony gets it right as xbox live looks better everyday.

10. Bramsy

Bramsy Android Expert

psst xbox live is better.... sure we pay but for what you get, i'll pay $45 a year. it's really "60" a year, but one can shop around.

better voices
    party chat
    i notice less connectivity issues
    I ME MYSELF prefer the controller

but the ps is cool.

11. lordofthereef

lordofthereef Android Expert

So now I am getting emails for free identity theft prevention services. Man am I glad I don't buy anything on PSN. Months ago I was thinking of downloading the street fighter 2 turbo revival game. Boy would I be kicking myself if I given them my cc info just for that.

12. G.Armour

G.Armour You know you want to.

Ain't no way in hell you would catch me back on psn after all those hacks into their security

13. YankeeDudeL

YankeeDudeL Android Expert

All you can really do at the moment is play online, chat, and message. PS Store isn't back up yet (supposedly today, but I haven't heard or checked).

I did have credit card info stored, but immediately canceled that card as soon as I heard about the breach. Haven't seen any suspicious activity, but I did notice that there's this number that keeps calling every other day or so. They never leave a message. So I googled the number and found a forum talking about it. Apparently that number has only started popping up in recent weeks, and when someone does answer, they pretty much demand your SSN. After I had posted on there, I posed the question whether anyone had a Playstion. There was only one other post after me (at last check), and said that they did. I'm thinking that's the first of many scam artists to come from this hack.

14. ballisticn8

ballisticn8 Android Expert

sony's psn password reset portal is still down, and, lulzsec (lulz security) just hacked sony pictures and all the goodies have been posted as downloads and torrents by anony_ops (links on twitter).

1,000,000 accounts hacked. username and passwords stored as plain text. 20,000 coupon codes posted from sony servers.

i'm thinking even though i didnt give any of my credit card info out i might take them up on their offer of a year of credit monitoring services.

wow sony, just wow...

[​IMG]

15. ParishL31

ParishL31 Android Enthusiast

PSN Store is back online. The Welcome Back offer is still not up though.

16. NYCHitman1

NYCHitman1 Gun for Hire

This really sucks for PS3 users.

17. ParishL31

ParishL31 Android Enthusiast

Welcome Back offer is online. The main thing is to download a couple of free games. There's a few other things like PSN+ for a month and other silly subscriptions for their media stuff.

For PS3 you can choose two of these:

• Dead Nation
    • inFAMOUS
    • LittleBigPlanet
    • Super Stardust HD
    • Wipeout HD + Fury
    For PSP you can choose two of these:

• LittleBigPlanet (PSP)
    • ModNation Racers
    • Pursuit Force
    • Killzone Liberation

18. gallandof

gallandof Android Expert

nice although since PSN was down i dusted off my 360, dont think the PS3 will be used much. although i may test it on my new 3dtv, any good games to demo the 3d effect?

19. Joe Dirt

Joe Dirt Android Enthusiast

I downloaded inFamous and little big planet. InFamous is a pretty good game, I may get part 2 now.

20. YankeeDudeL

YankeeDudeL Android Expert

I haven't played it yet, but Killzone 3 is supposed to be a killer game and the 3D is supposed to be awesome. I do have a 3DTV, but no games yet.

21. shawn1224

shawn1224 Ex CEO-DNPSEA foundation

I just got the offer. Is it an either or deal or can you get all the perks like virtual items, PSN plus and 2 PS3 games. I assume if you do the PS3 games you can't get the PSP.

22. ElasticNinja

ElasticNinja Android Expert

woohooo infamous and lbp all is forgiven Sony :D

23. ElasticNinja

ElasticNinja Android Expert

according to IGN you can