• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

The Quandry has come at last

Now what would be nice is if they would allow you to customize your own Sprint ID and use that on any Sprint ID phone, then you would never have to set you phone up with all the programs everytime you change phones

Sense isn't capable of doing this is it?
You're right, that would be such a nice feature for Sense or ID either one. Or having to redo all of your screens if you do a factory reset on your phone.
You would think there would be a way to save your settings on your SD card, Google land or something. Even the carrier's website. Similar to your contacts, where all you'd have to do is type in your id & pw & whalla....your saved settings automatically appear.
@DonB, if you're a technical kind of person you should develop an app for that!

Upvote 0
Many apps have claimed to do this already. I have found that a few of them do. Poorly.
Homescreens saved in LauncherPro or ADW reload from a file on SD nicely. But widgets never seem to find themselves and you end up with screens full of "problem loading widget".
A small price to pay, I'd say.

Also, 600mhz?! Please. Maybe if I were buying it for my mom.

Upvote 0
Also, 600mhz?! Please. Maybe if I were buying it for my mom.

Seriously. And only 3.2" screen? Come on. 3.7" with 1gHz hummingbird please! I'm holding out for the HTC Knight (at least some details/more pics) or for a significant price drop in the Epic or Evo (to cover my extra $10 a month). I would love a newer version of the HTC Incredible.

Upvote 0
Well guys.. you weren't much of a help talking me out of it. :mad:

I gave in to the dark side and upgraded to the EVO.

My daughter is now in control of my HERO.

A couple of personal observations after only a few days:

I like the feel of the EVO because I have big hands.
Even in 3G download speeds are much faster than my HERO.
More memory space.
Quicker phone.
4G coming to my area soon.

I drove into a 4G area and used it over the weekend. Fast Fast Fast!

I now exit..stage right.

Upvote 0
Congrats and enjoy your new toy !!

Well guys.. you weren't much of a help talking me out of it. :mad:

I gave in to the dark side and upgraded to the EVO.

My daughter is now in control of my HERO.

A couple of personal observations after only a few days:

I like the feel of the EVO because I have big hands.
Even in 3G download speeds are much faster than my HERO.
More memory space.
Quicker phone.
4G coming to my area soon.

I drove into a 4G area and used it over the weekend. Fast Fast Fast!

I now exit..stage right.

Upvote 0
I went to the Sprint store this weekend to look at the LG Optimus S. Not bad at all, from first look. Bright hi-quality looking screen, in fact it looks brighter and cripser than the Evo. No slide-out keyboard, which is a plus in my book, as I don't need one. Size wise, about the same as the Hero. It's running Android 2.2, so this is a plus, but no Sense, as it is an LG phone, and not HTC. It's $50 after rebates at Sprint stores, $50 (no rebates involved) at Best Buy, and Free at Radio Shack (this week, anyway) All prices with your upgrade availability, and 2 year contract extension.

I'm considering it...

Upvote 0
Not sure how reliable this is but if it is, I like it...

HTC Knight CDMA EVDO Specifications:
Release Date : January, 2011
Networks: CDMA800, CDMA1900
Data : CDMA2000 1xRTT, CDMA2000 1xEV-DO Rel. 0, CDMA2000 1xEV-DO Rev A
Form : Slider
Operating System : Google Android 2.2
Processor : 1000 MHz Qualcomm Snapdragon QSD8650
Display: Super LCD , 16777216 scales, 3.7 ", 480 x 800
Audio Jack : 3.5mm
Connectivity :
USB 2.0 client, 480Mbit/s, micro-USB
Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR
W-LAN: Wi-Fi 802.11b, 802.11g, 802.11n
GPS : Assisted GPS, QuickGPS, Geotagging
Music : Mp3 player, MPEG4 player, Youtube Video
Browser : Full Html, Social Networking bulit in Facebook, Twitter
E-mail : IMAP, POP3, SMTP

Froyo, slider (not sure if that's a good thing, although I would probably end up with the Epic over the Evo any way), and no 4G charges!

source
another source

Upvote 0
I'm in the same boat. Upgrade rolled over last Monday. Went to the store and played with an Evo. We're in a 4G area and the speed was impressive, so the $10 pr month is a non-issue for me. I'd just like and idea of what might be coming down the linein the next three or four months. The Knight does look nice.

IwBWow81JwATCgEIowESnyspAQCBACH5BAQFAAAALAAAAAAIAA8AAAdhgACCAAmCOoM4b4ccg0N8dQAZACgeAFUWIQ0DM3MKCGhQJ5NYKmgIB4MAHF4DgjtlZGolg2RYWGcoqYIXRAGDEiluZagAAxtQBUkZHRAAfnEAPQInL4MGJBEBkoIECg+qgQA7
IwBWow81JwATCgEIowESnyspAQCBACH5BAQFAAAALAAAAAAIAA8AAAdhgACCAAmCOoM4b4ccg0N8dQAZACgeAFUWIQ0DM3MKCGhQJ5NYKmgIB4MAHF4DgjtlZGolg2RYWGcoqYIXRAGDEiluZagAAxtQBUkZHRAAfnEAPQInL4MGJBEBkoIECg+qgQA7

Upvote 0
Not sure how reliable this is but if it is, I like it...

HTC Knight CDMA EVDO Specifications:
Release Date : January, 2011
Networks: CDMA800, CDMA1900
Data : CDMA2000 1xRTT, CDMA2000 1xEV-DO Rel. 0, CDMA2000 1xEV-DO Rev A
Form : Slider
Operating System : Google Android 2.2
Processor : 1000 MHz Qualcomm Snapdragon QSD8650
Display: Super LCD , 16777216 scales, 3.7 ", 480 x 800
Audio Jack : 3.5mm
Connectivity :
USB 2.0 client, 480Mbit/s, micro-USB
Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR
W-LAN: Wi-Fi 802.11b, 802.11g, 802.11n
GPS : Assisted GPS, QuickGPS, Geotagging
Music : Mp3 player, MPEG4 player, Youtube Video
Browser : Full Html, Social Networking bulit in Facebook, Twitter
E-mail : IMAP, POP3, SMTP

Froyo, slider (not sure if that's a good thing, although I would probably end up with the Epic over the Evo any way), and no 4G charges!

source
another source

Man, I hope this is as good as it sounds... It is exactly what I have been waiting for. (I could do without the keyboard, but oh well) :D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones