1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

The Rate Places widget is gone.

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by cdysthe, Oct 1, 2011.

1. cdysthe

cdysthe Member
    None

Aug 25, 2010
    Creating the Vivaldi web browser.
    Magnolia, MA
    Hi,

On my Android 2.2 phone I had to uninstall Google Maps updates/data/cache to sort out a problem I had. I then reinstalled the Google Maps update but now the "Rate Places" widget is gone. It does not show up in the widget menu. Otherwise Google Maps works well. Any idea how this could happen, and what I have to do to get this widget back? Since it's part of core apps I can't totally uninstall/reinstall. I'm hoping the answer isn't to factory reset? :)

Advertisement

2. jact

jact Lurker
    None

Oct 1, 2011
    Australia
    Same problem here! The widget had an error message so I removed it from my homescreen but it doesn't showup in the widget list anymore.

3. Quasar

Quasar Lurker
    None

Dec 14, 2009
    I noticed it was missing right after I installed the latest maps update. This leads me to believe that Google probably removed it unless there is a bug in the new update.

4. Checkm8adam

Checkm8adam Lurker
    None

Dec 2, 2011
    Same problem here. I'm hoping they put out a new update to fix the problem. I really like the widget. IN THE MEANTIME, I found you can still access the rate places feature through Maps, by clicking three drop menu in the top right corner. Hope that's helpful....

5. Checkm8adam

Checkm8adam Lurker
    None

Dec 2, 2011
    Has anything changed yet? Still haven't been able to get the widget back so far, wondering if anyone has found another way to get it? Google Maps works but it doesn't have the auto-search feature.

6. Quasar

Quasar Lurker
    None

Dec 14, 2009
    No change that I can see. The Places app works well and it found the place I was at right away. I could then check in or rate the place by clicking on it. It's not quite as handy as the widget was but it gets the job done. I think Google should now make Places more integrated with Google+ for easier sharing.