• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

The REAL and OFFICIAL "OMG I got Cupcake!!" Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who is ignoring it? The purpose of this thread was for people to post when they have cupcake....and to see if there is some sort of pattern to the rollout. Now that there is a link and you can manually update, you do not HAVE to wait for the OTA you can go and update yourself. Many people coming to this thread are looking to get cupcake without rooting or jailbreaking their phone. So your welcome.

That's how I understood it, hence my earlier comment that none of these threads seem to stay on topic.

I too was looking forward to a "Google Map" of sorts to see who in the U. S. was getting the OTA notice from T-Mo.

I was surprised that the posts remained. Turns out there was no one was minding the store.

I still would like to see how the roll out is tracking since there's rumors that T-Mo is delaying the full roll out to the end of the first week of June. I'd like to see if that tracks true.

Upvote 0
Ummmm why?

Ummm because obviously, even though the first post makes it clear, people still don't understand the point of this thread. You post ONLY when you receive the update ota. For those of you who still don't understand, that means "over the air." Meaning that T-Mobile pushed the update to you through your phone. Finding a link and installing it yourself does not constitute that. Therefore, any post that isn't a person that received the update ota will be deleted. I hope I clarified a bit better.

Upvote 0
Did you guys know that if you long press the home key it will bring up a list of recently used apps? AMAZING

It's actually a list of the currently running apps, and that feature was present before android you big silly.

My favorite feature of android is the faster GPS and improved maps app. I can't tell you how many times I was ready to throw my phone out the window of my car because when trying to check the traffic I got the messages: "Your location cannot be determined" or "There is a connection problem... We'll keep trying." That was extremely irritating, especially if I got stuck in traffic because I took the freeway instead of surface streets. I've had the UK version of android for a couple weeks now and haven't received that message once, and it also finds my location almost instantly.

Upvote 0
It's actually a list of the currently running apps, and that feature was present before android you big silly.

My favorite feature of android is the faster GPS and improved maps app. I can't tell you how many times I was ready to throw my phone out the window of my car because when trying to check the traffic I got the messages: "Your location cannot be determined" or "There is a connection problem... We'll keep trying." That was extremely irritating, especially if I got stuck in traffic because I took the freeway instead of surface streets. I've had the UK version of android for a couple weeks now and haven't received that message once, and it also finds my location almost instantly.

Actually you are wrong ... The feature only shows the last six apps run ... whether they are still running of not ... "Recent Apps" NOT "Running Apps"

Upvote 0
Ummm because obviously, even though the first post makes it clear, people still don't understand the point of this thread. You post ONLY when you receive the update ota. For those of you who still don't understand, that means "over the air." Meaning that T-Mobile pushed the update to you through your phone. Finding a link and installing it yourself does not constitute that. Therefore, any post that isn't a person that received the update ota will be deleted. I hope I clarified a bit better.

It's clarified... but, with all respect, it's also kinda petty. While it's true that I (and apparently several others) didn't read the OP before posting, evolution is the nature of the universe... and could perhaps be the nature of this forum thread, too?

Does the fact I had my "OMG! I got Cupcake!" moment after manually downloading the update -- instead of waiting for the OTA -- lessen the impact of finally having the upgrade after several months of being teased by TMo?

Just sayin'. In any case, I posted this from my newly-Cupcaked G1, which in the end is all that matters to me.

Upvote 0
Yes its the recently used apps and you could do that before cupcake. I wish that there was an option to see what apps were currently running as that would help battery life. I actually just went out of town today and used the Google maps and the gps was so fast!

And ur welcome to everyone who said thanks. Its a shame ppl here are sore about things and are vowing to delete ppl's postings. Lame.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones