• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

The requested introduction

Um... hi.

Me: Former print reporter (paper & online); former international transportation director; former systems administrator, now retired on disability. State political party officer, organized volunteers statewide for four presidential campaigns and for other national officeholders. Owned a computer (PC) store for six years.

Oddity: Stopped smoking cold turkey in 2010, have lost 70 lbs and kept it off since 2011, and I smoke medical marijuana every day. My doctor says there's something wrong with me in a very good way. =)

New to Android system (HTC One, latest version), and often frustrated. I kind of wish I'd stayed with an iPhone.... Can I jailbreak my HTC and install an AOS? j/k ;)

Well, there are too many HTC One variant's for me to guest the right one to link you to, so I'll skip that part.:D

Welcome to Android Forums, age, experience, political affiliation, previous iOS love, etc. mean nothing here. We just like friendly folks hanging around talking Android. I hope you will fit in.:)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones