• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

The Samsung Behold II Update has started From Tmobile Forum

techincal support told me i need to call samsung as they (tmob) isnt sending out this update..she checked with her "leads" who both told her they arent the ones pushin the updates...ok

So when exactly did samsung build a bunch of GSM cell towers? Tmo is distributing it...they HAVE to. They are the only people with the equipment.

Upvote 0
Personally, I've given up on trying to force the update through using DM. I've seen all the messages: you have the update, will reboot in X seconds; you have the update, but your batter is too low, postpone, etc. It's my sad belief at this point that you can't force it to install any earlier than TMO would otherwise have sent it to you.

What I don't understand is why it takes so long. The update can't be that large in size relative to what people send/receive on their unlimited data plans, and we all know the BH2 was not a monumental seller, so how could it take more than a week to push the update to all our phones???

ya I'm about to give as I did get as far as it saying I have the update it will take 10mins and it will reboot in 5 seconds, it rebooted arrows came on for 10 seconds and nothing happened :(

Upvote 0
When yours reboots, does it do so rather quickly? Almost like it didn't actually even reset.

ya its not even 5 seconds its like a split second!

I'm trying it one last time and thats it. I guess we will just have to wait for the images. They only thing we are waiting on is getting the kernel rooted by either BH_MAN or Nu11u5. What sucks is that we havent heard back from either of them for the last couple of days :(

Upvote 0
I got the real update notification. The difference was "TMobile has sent an update for your phone" vs. "There is an update for your phone" which I had been receiving.

So, the difference is that I ran DM at about 3am to make this happen. Even though my phone was plugged in, it said my battery was low and would have to wait. When I woke up, 7:30AM, it was too late.

This is starting, just starting to piss me off a little. Why so hard?

Upvote 0
Hello!

My wife and I both have the Behold 2. We got it without the data plan, as I have wi-fi at home and office. I have been watching my phone pretty closely for the update. Went and checked my wife's phone (not frequently used) and she had got the update. I had to reboot it, and that was it. Mine, nothing. Both phones are stock.

Regards,

Emil

Upvote 0
Hi Cool!

Just to clarify, my phone did not get the update. Her's did. Didn't do anything. Checked the phone over the weekend, and it had got the update. Have not done the Device Management on her's or mine.

Emil

Hey, Emil, thanks for your information. Did you have to do the "Device Management" thing to have your 1.6 update? What time of the day/night did you and your wife receive your update? How did you realize that you received the update and then reboot your device? Thanks in advance for your information.

Cool

Upvote 0
OK, once again tonight, I'm losing sleep to try to update this. I got the "Tmobile..." but my battery was not charged. What the??? It was at least half.

Waiting now.

Is this fun for anyone else? Follow along, it's a thriller.

If I was iJustine with an iPhone, 50,000 losers would have tuned in the last 2 days.

Upvote 0
I got the update yesterday. It might have been a few days earlier but I had the phone just resting and hadn't been using it. It looks like it took and I was very interested to see that they installed Swype as part of the update.

Sadly this is far too little and too late. Already have my DInc and will be selling the BH2 as soon as I can get everything switched over to a different phone number. Oh well, maybe they (Samsung, TMobile) learned something from the fiasco.

Upvote 0
Instead of choosing any of those options just hit the back button (on your phone) and it should just tell you something like, "Congratulations you have a new update blah blah blah" and just hit "OK".

i did that. hit next, got the ok your phone will restart in 5 seconds you can not use your phone for aprox 10 min. got a option for start or postpone, when i hit start, comes back up wth the regular 1.5 :mad:

Upvote 0
As has been said before:

This "trick" only works *IF* the update was pushed to your phone but not installed (Low battery, connection lost, etc).

If your phone hasn't received the update, doing this "trick" 800 times will always result in the same way "Congrats! 5 seconds, reboot nothing"

Upvote 0
As has been said before:

This "trick" only works *IF* the update was pushed to your phone but not installed (Low battery, connection lost, etc).

If your phone hasn't received the update, doing this "trick" 800 times will always result in the same way "Congrats! 5 seconds, reboot nothing"

Indeed, the "trick" will most likely only work if you've already received the update.

Also one thing I've noticed. If you're low on battery and you try this trick you'll most likely get the "T-Mobile has an update" message and be prompted to postpone. When you agree to postpone and the message pops up again you're SOL because you'll get the generic "Congratulations! You have an update" message and nothing will happen after reboot. It's happened to me three times already.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones