1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

The Screen "Problem"

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by bqknight, Feb 22, 2011.

1. bqknight

bqknight Newbie

Is anyones screen not tinted green. Its actually really bugging me, but the goldish color om yellows is definitely due to too high of green levels. Me and my friend compared phones he has an iphone, and his yellows are less green and greens not as vivid. Is this something that can be fixed? Or is it not even on everyones phone?

Advertisement

2. jrm390

jrm390 Newbie

I haven't noticed a problem... but then again I'm colorblind.

3. unity04

unity04 Well-Known Member

What do you mean exactly by tinted green? Everything has a tint and overlay of green over it?

4. sw33ndawg

sw33ndawg Well-Known Member

my screen is not green at all..

5. MattBee

MattBee Member

My Atrix display looks wonderful! Actually I have a Samsung PC monitor and I have been holding up my Atrix up right next to it, and the colors are pretty darn close to the same!

Heck, it's a 4-inch screen, not a 27-inch PC monitor!

Hope your vision gets corrected soon. Maybe a good night sleep tonight will help!

Enjoy Your New Device!

6. bqknight

bqknight Newbie

I'll post a picture soon. Other people have mentioned the problem on here, so maybe it's a problem only affecting certain units. The whole screen does not have a green tint, its more just the yellow colors. Anything that is yellow almost looks goldish-brown, but if you actually look it's almost like the yellow has some green to it. The screen is very sharp, just the yellow is really bothering me.

7. unity04

unity04 Well-Known Member

If you look at photos from reviewers like Engadget and go on YouTube and pause videos when the phones screen is examined closely from CES you'll see that the phones have the washed out yellow/gold look..

8. bqknight

bqknight Newbie

Yeah, it just seems as if some people aren't realizing it. So maybe it's a widespread "problem", but not normal. Many people are saying the screen looks great (it's super sharp). I'm gonna go to the store tomorrow and look at their test unit and see if it's the same.

9. odnerd

odnerd Member

Here's a good way to see what OP is talking about. Go to settings in the live wallpaper Magic Smoke. Keep shuffling through to one that should just be grey and black and it seems the outline of the smoke has a green haze even though any other phone with that wallpaper wouldn't.... Mine has it too although I haven't seen it in anything else yet...

10. jessie1290

jessie1290 Newbie

I see what you mean - I was looking at a page that should have had a yellow background in an ad for Southwest airlines - it was not really yellow, more of a dull golden/greenish brown. I went to my computer and pulled up the same page - big difference!
    At first I thought the Atrix colors weren't as vivid as Captivate's super amoled, but now it looks like they're just off. Hope there's a fix for this, screen colors are the only thing I'm not thrilled with right now.