1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

The Screen Protectors sold at VZW that bad?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jmccarthy14, Dec 4, 2009.

1. jmccarthy14

jmccarthy14 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2009
    Prettymuch the title. Want to just get one as soon as I turn on the phone to avoid all smudges, but is it worth waiting and ordering a phantom skin or something? Why the preference between these?

Advertisement

2. zeira

zeira Member

Nov 19, 2009
    The Verizon ones seem to be a bit too big for the screen, so there's always air left on the sides. Mine works pretty well because I have the snap-on cover which just covers the edges so they don't get more detached.

3. d1pham

d1pham Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2009
    They are little off to say the least but they do their job.

4. NB2A

NB2A Member

Nov 14, 2009
    Totally useless!

5. scorpicon

scorpicon Member

Nov 4, 2009
    Pretty much this. Except I don't have a cover because they're not compatible with the multi-media dock.

Considering you get 3 protectors and they're pretty easy to remove, I'd say they're worth it for basic screen protection.

6. jmccarthy14

jmccarthy14 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2009
    So buy 'em and use 'em 'till I get better ones? Better to have something on than nothing in the interim?

Any other accessories people recommend I pickup at the store? Or maybe I should make another thread...

7. scorpicon

scorpicon Member

Nov 4, 2009
    Yeah, that's my suggestion. But I'll be honest, I care more about protecting my screen than I do about how perfect it looks doing its job.

As far as other accessories, I love my multimedia dock. It makes it so easy to just drop my phone into the thing before I hit the hay, and then I've got my phone easily accessible too, because it's sturdily tilted upright.

8. zeldor

zeldor Member

Nov 24, 2009
    I got the vzw ones when I got my droid on the first day. have had no problems at
    all with it.