1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

The "shut down" button fails :(

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ptuy, May 17, 2010.

1. ptuy

ptuy Lurker

Hello fellow androids!

A good friend of mine had this HTC Hero and he was very happy with it. But one night he was drunk, spilled a shot of tequila in it, and now the lock/shut down button rarely works.. He bought a HTC legend and gave me the awesome Hero for free..

So here I am stuck with the very smooth hero, but with a failing button!. Can I somehow fix the button you think? Or is there an application that does the same job as the button? I mainly need the lock the phone / turn of screen function..

Does anyone know a relevant application for that?

Regards ptuy

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. grainysand

grainysand Android Expert

No app that I know of will let you turn off the screen.

There're apps that will let you shut down the phone with a widget, though, and allow you to wake the phone up with the trackball/volume rocker.

3. ptuy

ptuy Lurker

But nothing to make it sleep? :( Whats the name of those apps..

Would it be possible for a coder to make the app, or is it just not possible?

4. DarkTLRrider

DarkTLRrider Well-Known Member

I would check with a local phone repair place and see how much it would cost to have it fixed. These places are usually fairly reasonable and can do it in a day or two.

5. ptuy

ptuy Lurker

Dammit.. I thought this phone was superHero and able to do it the soft way..

What if i gently remove the screws, and try to clean the area around the shut down button? Is that too risky?

6. bone

bone Newbie

Well, it depends on why the button is not working.

7. ptuy

ptuy Lurker

A shot of alcoholic liquids went down to visit Mr. Shutdown Button..

I would be happy if anybody could tell me the name of those apps mentioned before..

HTC Hero Forum

The HTC Hero release date was July 2009. Features and Specs include a 3.2" inch screen, 5MP camera, 288GB RAM, MSM7200A processor, and 1350mAh battery.

July 2009
Release Date
Reviews