• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

The stock browser stinks!

captainm27

Jun 8, 2010
Do you guys have trouble with the browser? In my case, the green bar almost never finishes loading. It just stays halfway most of the time. Also, when I go to the default homepage of google, I can't do a search, because when I hit the little magnifying glass, nothing happens. I suspect it's because the green bar never finish.

So instead, I've downloaded the Dolphin HD browser, and everything just runs perfectly and quick. Much better than the stock.

Anyone else experience this?

Did you recently try adding Flash 10.1 from that XDA thread? Removing it can help some browser issues. Also, were you running the browser in mobile mode or did you turn that off. That can definitely effect the speed of things. I've tried other browsers and they offer some nice features, but I don't see them competing with stock. Glad you found a solution to your problem :).

Upvote 0
Stock browser all the way for me. Tried all theothers and hated them. Apart from skyfire for videos like world cup matches etc. Only today did I learn about the window option on stock browser that allows u to flick through tabs lol.

Flick through tabs? Please explain. I have to go into menu then window to change tabs. How are you flicking?

Upvote 0
I haven't had the issues with the green bar, but I HAVE had the issue with the Google page. I found out that the search button by the text box at the top of the page is useless, you just can't click on it (even if you change zoom levels, it just scales). You can't click on the one by the text box at the bottom of the page, either, but at least when in that box the "next" key on the keyboard changes to "go". So, whenever I want to do a search and re-type in the search bar, I use the one at the bottom of the page.
It's a horrible workaround, and would be easily solved if Google would default to the mobile search page. when you use the search bar from the home screen.

Upvote 0
Your green bar is the connection to the server has nothing to do with the browser.

End O Thread.

I wish that were true, Hand. However, this issue occurs to me wheather I have 4 bars, 3 bars, 2 bars, etc. Literally speaking, I go to androidfourms.com on the stock browser, and the green bar stays stuck like half-way. Now, I switch to Dolphin, and boom, page loads in seconds. No waiting bar, no nothing. This is not a server connection issue at all.

Upvote 0
I wish that were true, Hand. However, this issue occurs to me wheather I have 4 bars, 3 bars, 2 bars, etc. Literally speaking, I go to androidfourms.com on the stock browser, and the green bar stays stuck like half-way. Now, I switch to Dolphin, and boom, page loads in seconds. No waiting bar, no nothing. This is not a server connection issue at all.

You try with wifi to confirm it's not the connection speed?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones