• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories The Truth About The Incredible Battery

the standard ones wont fit

do they even make extended battery snap-on cases yet? i haven't been able to find any...

this would lead me to want to just keep an extra battery charged up and ready to go rather than getting the extended battery, at least until i can put a case on the phone that will fit with the extended battery door...

Upvote 0
A few things I would like to point out:

1) For those asking if 400mah more is worth it: you are buying a second battery that shouldn't act as a full replacememnt. For a replacement battery it's a very good deal and price. Think of it as buying a secondary battery, not one that just ups the current capacity and replaces it...
2) The 2150maH battery will require a new extended door that will not fit in existing cases

I would personally recommend waiting until the official extended battery is released before making any decisions for a new battery. If you've got money to toss around then go ahead, but I know I can't afford to jump the gun on anything

Reactions: gomulkaaa@yahoo.com
Upvote 0
I'm going to post this again, I don't know why people aren't believing the fact the battereis are the same in the TP2 , Eris and Incredible. Went into the store over the weekend and checked it out with a unit they have in stock----

The Eris battery is 1300mah but the TouchPro2 is 1500mah and works perfectly in the Eris so it will also work in the Incredible. I have a TP2 battery and I notice i get anywhere between 10-25% more battery left at the end of the day then with the stock Eris Battery.

But from the look of the 2150 I believe I will be getting that .As the Eris with the 1500battery still isn't very good on battery life and the Incredible will certainly be worse with it's faster processor , bigger screen and more badassness haha

We are talking physical size here not MaH.

Upvote 0
We are talking physical size here not MaH.

I'm saying that a battery from an Eris or TP2 will work in the Incredible and that the TP2 battery is 1500mah. I'm also saying that the 1750Seido battery for the Eris will work in the Incredible (now will this one fit under the factory backplate ?? Not sure I don't own one I just know the TP2 battery will fit)

Upvote 0
I'm saying that a battery from an Eris or TP2 will work in the Incredible and that the TP2 battery is 1500mah. I'm also saying that the 1750Seido battery for the Eris will work in the Incredible (now will this one fit under the factory backplate ?? Not sure I don't own one I just know the TP2 battery will fit)

From Seidio;

Seidio invests in extensive research to find the best and most powerful battery components on the market. We carefully select top quality Japanese cells for our batteries to ensure the highest level of safety, quality, and performance. Our research, knowledge, and expertise give us the ability to create batteries that provide maximum capacity in their comparable space. This Innocell Extended Life Battery is designed for the customer who needs extra life, but doesn't want to add any thickness to their device. This model fits in your device's existing battery space and doesn't require a replacement door, which makes it a perfect replacement for your original battery.

- Made from the highest quality Japanese cells
- More capacity in the same form factor
- Fits in existing space so no replacement door is needed
- Perfect replacement for your original battery
- Capacity: 1750 mAh

It does call out that it is the same form factor. Does that mean its the exact same size? It also says that it fits into the existing space so no replacement door is needed. Does that mean its slightly thicker but doesnt require the new door? Hmmmmmmmmm. I will have mine on Thursday, I will confirm then.

Upvote 0
From Seidio;

Seidio invests in extensive research to find the best and most powerful battery components on the market. We carefully select top quality Japanese cells for our batteries to ensure the highest level of safety, quality, and performance. Our research, knowledge, and expertise give us the ability to create batteries that provide maximum capacity in their comparable space. This Innocell Extended Life Battery is designed for the customer who needs extra life, but doesn't want to add any thickness to their device. This model fits in your device's existing battery space and doesn't require a replacement door, which makes it a perfect replacement for your original battery.

- Made from the highest quality Japanese cells
- More capacity in the same form factor
- Fits in existing space so no replacement door is needed
- Perfect replacement for your original battery
- Capacity: 1750 mAh

It does call out that it is the same form factor. Does that mean its the exact same size? It also says that it fits into the existing space so no replacement door is needed. Does that mean its slightly thicker but doesnt require the new door? Hmmmmmmmmm. I will have mine on Thursday, I will confirm then.

I know from being over in the Eris forum is that it fits in the Eris without a new door but I remember people saying it was slightly thicker. So that's why I said I'm not sure if it will fit inside the incredible(i believe it most likely will but I'm not going to say it's forsure)

Upvote 0
I'm waiting for the 2150, the 1750 i already have and the 2150 will be from HTC and not seidio. Seidio is way overpriced and judging from tests that have been done they don't perform very well. Nowhere near where they rate them.

Same here. I've also heard that the Seidio batteries are not worth the price. So I'm going to be getting the 2150 from Verizon. Although, I do charge my phones a lot. But it will be nice to have the extra juice when I need it.

Upvote 0
I'm going to post this again, I don't know why people aren't believing the fact the battereis are the same in the TP2 , Eris and Incredible. Went into the store over the weekend and checked it out with a unit they have in stock----

The Eris battery is 1300mah but the TouchPro2 is 1500mah and works perfectly in the Eris so it will also work in the Incredible. I have a TP2 battery and I notice i get anywhere between 10-25% more battery left at the end of the day then with the stock Eris Battery.

But from the look of the 2150 I believe I will be getting that .As the Eris with the 1500battery still isn't very good on battery life and the Incredible will certainly be worse with it's faster processor , bigger screen and more badassness haha

Listen, I read that you put it in and it has the same connectors, etc., but does it have the same voltage and amps? Did you actually turn the Incredible on with the Eris battery powering it?

All you said was that it fit. That means nothing to me. I can fit my shoe in there with the right amount of force. That doesn't mean it's gonna get me through the day... or get ignition for that matter...

Upvote 0
Listen, I read that you put it in and it has the same connectors, etc., but does it have the same voltage and amps? Did you actually turn the Incredible on with the Eris battery powering it?

All you said was that it fit. That means nothing to me. I can fit my shoe in there with the right amount of force. That doesn't mean it's gonna get me through the day... or get ignition for that matter...

Yep, turned on with no problem

Upvote 0
Same here. I've also heard that the Seidio batteries are not worth the price. So I'm going to be getting the 2150 from Verizon. Although, I do charge my phones a lot. But it will be nice to have the extra juice when I need it.

I will definetly be getting the 2150 if it really only adds 1mm to the phone and from the pics I saw it also has the same kinda topographical back to it which I'm a big fan of and for only $10 more then the Seido and being OEM I'm all over it

Upvote 0
A few things I would like to point out:

1) For those asking if 400mah more is worth it: you are buying a second battery that shouldn't act as a full replacememnt. For a replacement battery it's a very good deal and price. Think of it as buying a secondary battery, not one that just ups the current capacity and replaces it...
2) The 2150maH battery will require a new extended door that

Wait, what?:thinking: I thought the whole point was that the packaged battery doesn't hold enough juice so people want the extended battery instead...

Upvote 0
Actually, from what I understand it does not. You must purchase an additional cover.

Let's clear this up once and for all...

The extended Incredible battery from Verizon comes with the extended back cover!

You can buy the extended back cover separately as well, but one does come with the extended battery. It's an option so that if you were to loose the extended battery cover your extended battery came with, you could order another without having to get the extended battery to get the back.

Upvote 0
what about getting a oem 1500 mah battery from ebay for $ 15 from a TP2 and buying a battery wall charger? pop one in when the other dies and you wont sacrifice the phones shape...just my$.02

Does anyone know if there will be a battery wall charger for the Incredible, or is the only option a charger that might be compatible with the Inc? I'd rather just use 2 standard batteries so that I don't have any case/holder issues.

Thanks for the info.

Upvote 0
Does anyone know if there will be a battery wall charger for the Incredible, or is the only option a charger that might be compatible with the Inc? I'd rather just use 2 standard batteries so that I don't have any case/holder issues.

Thanks for the info.

Through VZW, no. I have heard no mention of it at this point. Doesn't mean it won't come later though ;)

Upvote 0
I will definetly be getting the 2150 if it really only adds 1mm to the phone and from the pics I saw it also has the same kinda topographical back to it which I'm a big fan of and for only $10 more then the Seido and being OEM I'm all over it

Guys:

How do you know the 2150 mAh is OEM? Just because it's sold by Verizon?

Original Equipment Manufacturer

OEM = HTC, right?

In the pictures of the leaked accessories, the ext batt said "Superior" I think for the brand, which doesn't sound like HTC.

Someone confirm.

Upvote 0
Well, here's my thoughts. I would say the battery life is going to be terrible on this phone. How many phones have launched with an extended life battery option? I guess smartphones might actually launch with them as an option, but the Dinc will be my first smartphone. On my Env Touch I bought the extended battery for it and love it. It lasts me about 2 days with very, very heavy use. But it didn't come out for about 6 months after the launch because everyone was complaining about it's short battery life.

Also, after playing with a Dinc today in the Verizon store. I actually hope the extended battery is thicker. After looking at how far the camera lens sticks out I hope the extended battery cover makes it flush or there's going to be a bunch of scratched up lense covers.

Upvote 0
Experience with Seidio batteries: yes, I have it. And they've always outperformed the stock batteries for me in my HTC WinMo devices.

As far as physical size: using my Touch Pro as an example, the 1500mAh Seidio battery I bought fits fine in the Touch Pro with the standard back cover. However, it is slightly thicker than the OEM 1350 mAh battery. It's bigger, but it does fit.

So, whether the Droid Eris extended battery fits in the Incredible with the stock cover kind of depends on how much "extra" room there was to begin with, I suspect.

EDIT: Ooh! I've gone from "Hello my name is" to "New Member". 6 posts down and about a million more to come :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones