• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root The Ultimate Guide: S-Off, Recovery, Root, & Jelly Bean

Im starting to get really frustrated. i installed the drivers from the folder but my device still isnt being recognized in fastboot mode
this is the prompt i keep getting from my computer

Attachments

• Screenshot (11).png
    Screenshot (11).png
    9 KB · Views: 97
Upvote 0
Can someone help me with these dead links please?
- From this thread, download the fully functional CWM recovery. ***All credit goes to simonsimsons34 and jmztaylor for developing and fixing the recovery.(DEAD)

I tried this before and the links were dead but I thought I could deal with a non-rooted phone, I was wrong. My phone NEEDS rooted lol thanks

EARLYMON- your linked worked for nanodroid

Reactions: EarlyMon
Upvote 0
May I suggest using dev host? I use dropbox also and it can get rather annoying with their bandwidth limitations lol.

Agreed - but I was just pinch hitting for the dev here and verified another working download link in the OP before deleting mine.

Hence my question to let me know which link is needed... :)

Upvote 0
Got a question. I unlocked the bootloader with no problem, rooted with no problem.

Specs:

Android ver 4.2.2
HTC Sense 5.0
Software 3.05.653.4
API Level 5.41
Kernel version 3.4.10-gf26d091
Build# 3.05.653.4 CL319994 release-keys

dont know what info you need but here it all is.

my question is this: Can I use the monshine 2.06.653.5 version with this or is there a different version I need to find?

Unrelated, where do find the dev options in my settnigs? I have it turned on but i cant find it ( i did the 5-click thing in the software settings).

found those, now where is the option to make the screen stay on when plugged in? It's usually in the dev ops.

Upvote 0
Hey, trying to root mine and it always seems to get stuck on one of two steps, either when I try and use moonshine, it can't get a response from ADB so the process fails. Then if I just try and work around it, It seems to freeze on the entering recovery screen. I have to take the battery out to reboot it, but it works fine once I get out of that screen, it just isn't rooted. I am running 8.1

Help?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones