• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help The ultimate lock solution?

dtonator

May 26, 2010
I've been in every menu my device has (Milestone with rooted Android 2.1)
and I've seen every app in the Market that comes up to "lock" search query and still haven't found a solution.

What I want my milestone to do is simple - to not lock the screen.
Either when I'm idling the device or pressing the tiny lock button what I want is the screen to go off but stay responsive to the slider drawing to unlock the phone.
That or touching the back,menu,home,search buttons in a particular order to unlock would suffice too.

Possible?

What I found so far is allowing to unlock with the camera button (which is too sensitive and leads to false unlocks) or volume buttons and that's not what I want ..

I'd be interested to see if this was possible as well,

but I would specifically want to be able to unlock with just the power button (no need to slide to unlock after pressing power)

But i've done some searches and havent found anything either.

Power button IS the lock button on Milestone .. and is also very small and uncomfortable to press.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones