• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

The unofficial "I reserved @ Radio Shack" Thread

I just called a radioshack near me and they said if I Pre ordered from them they'll give me a $50 coupon that I can use towards the purchase. I confirmed with her that drops my price to $399. This also works if I was doing an upgrade for the $99 price. Hopefully you guys will get the same deal.

Upvote 0
I just called a radioshack near me and they said if I Pre ordered from them they'll give me a $50 coupon that I can use towards the purchase. I confirmed with her that drops my price to $399. This also works if I was doing an upgrade for the $99 price. Hopefully you guys will get the same deal.

That doesn't match what's in post #1 of this thread, which says you need to pay a $50 non refundable deposit to get a reservation and get that $50 gift card.

So you aren't really saving $50, just pre-paying $50 up front when they put your name on the list.

Upvote 0
That doesn't match what's in post #1 of this thread, which says you need to pay a $50 non refundable deposit to get a reservation and get that $50 gift card.

So you aren't really saving $50, just pre-paying $50 up front when they put your name on the list.

I'll find out when I go in, but I made it a point to ask that the phone would then be $399 and she said yes. I'll post back after I actually hand them money.

Upvote 0
The $50 is a mandatory deposit for the phone put onto a gift card. When you pick up the phone, the card is applied to the balance total. So, if the phone is 449.99, the remaining balance will be $399.99 after the card is applied to the balance.

^ ^ This is pretty much correct. Although, it is actually not a deposit put on the phone. It is simply a $50 gift card that you buy and they reserve a phone for you. If for some crazy reason you lose your mind and decide not to go through with the phone purchase, you can simply use the card to buy something else. You aren't obligated to make the phone purchase. (I read my receipt.):cool:

Upvote 0
I'm not eligible for an upgrade until the 19th....So can I reserve it a the Shack and then pick it up the 19th and still get the $30 credit? Or should I wait to get it somewhere else for possibly a better price/deal?
You can reserve as many as you want. Since you arent required to purchase it on launch date, you should have no problem waiting until you are upgrade eligible.

Upvote 0
I'm not eligible for an upgrade until the 19th....So can I reserve it a the Shack and then pick it up the 19th and still get the $30 credit? Or should I wait to get it somewhere else for possibly a better price/deal?

The $30 credit for store merchandise is only for this who preorder. To preorder, I believe, you must be eligible for an upgrade. One other, at least, has stated that they won't sell the phone sans contract. That may of been an isolated incident, however.

Upvote 0
The $30 credit for store merchandise is only for this who preorder. To preorder, I believe, you must be eligible for an upgrade. One other, at least, has stated that they won't sell the phone sans contract. That may of been an isolated incident, however.

Are you sure about this? Someone who wants to purchase at full price cannot preorder? That sounds fishy to me...

Upvote 0
Are you sure about this? Someone who wants to purchase at full price cannot preorder? That sounds fishy to me...

Sounds fishy, and inaccurate to us as well, but he was turned away from purchasing without contract. Probably just that store, hopefully won't be that way everywhere. You can preorder it, but it must be on contract according to one source.

Upvote 0
So radioshack just told me they wont sell phone off contract? ? How stupid is that?

I called our Shack in the Mall and he told me the same thing. The place where I reserved it today (another Shack here in town, told me he would sell it either way). Plus they had a sign display on the counter that plainly shows the no contract price of $449.

Upvote 0
I will be adding a line to my AT&T account, so today at lunch I pre-ordered mine at RS, for $99.00 and as others had stated paid $50 to get on the list (I was #5) I was given a $50 RS gift card which I would need to bring as well as the receipt with me on Sunday.
When I pick up the phone on Sunday, I will also get a $30 credit for accessories or other RS items - They said they will have at least 2 to 3 cases available as well as screen protectors and 1 or 2 car chargers.
RS also seems to have a pretty good warranty program (at least as I understood it) one time $99.00 fee within 30 days of purchase, no deductible includes accidental damages - I asked for more details but he was out of brochures but on a 2 year deal it is $20.00 cheaper than AT&T who charges $4.99 a month.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones