• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help The update is destroying my phone!!!

e1000sn

Apr 15, 2010
Ever since the update my phone constantly pops up with the error message "The process com.google.process.gapps has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again."

I click force close and within 10 seconds I experience the error again! I am not exaggerating about how frequently this is happening. Worst of all, if the screen times out while the message is up, my phone won't unlock! Compounding this ridiculousness is the fact that I cannot download my favorite backup tool because, as you may expect, the market doesn't work.

If anybody knows how to fix this gimme a little help!

Before trying the factory reset try uninstalling your google apps, specifically the google search widget. It took some time to get it uninstalled with the force close every 10 seconds but once I uninstalled it the phone worked perfectly.

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!! I removed my hacked google search and it fixed it. I'm already considering the removal of the implied profanity of my original post:p.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones