• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

The US Nexus compatible with these cases?

pinksocking

Lurker
Aug 16, 2012
guys, I'm getting my Samsung Galaxy Nexus through Best Buy tomorrow.. however, I really dislike the plastic body.. so I'm looking into a nice metal / aluminium case... however, are these cases not designed for the US models? Are they still compatible ?

If not, does anyone know of a really nice metal / aluminium case? :)

these are what I'm lookin at:

Aluminum Metal Bumper Case cover for Samsung Galaxy Nexus GT-I9250 | eBay

Aliexpress.com : Buy NEWEST Aluminium Metal Bumper Case For Samsung Galaxy Nexus i9250,For samsung Google Nexus Prime Case 1Pcs/lot+Free shipping from Reliable Aluminium Metal Bumper Case For Samsung Galaxy Nexus i9250 suppliers on Huaqiang North Pho

I just want a nice, metallic colored metal case to put the Nexus into to a) protect it b) give it a sexy sleek look

thank you :)

Those cases likely will not fit your Nexus, but not because they are not for the US Galaxy Nexus. Rather, the VZW and Sprint Nexus are slightly thicker than the GSM Nexus that is used for AT&T and T-Mobile. As the previous poster stated, the model number will tell you which is for your phone -- i9250 is the GSM Nexus, the i515 is the CDMA Nexus.

Upvote 0
It looks like to me that it says that it is for the i9250 which is the gsm version of the phone. If you are getting the Verizon it would be a no go.

Those cases do look really good.

man

thanks for all the replies.. I wanted to quote you all but omg androidforums.. no multi quote?!

anyway, the case looks ****ing gorgeous.. I was actually about to buy the gun metal case.. when I said hm lemme do some research on these cases first..

I googled the make and it turned out to be a chinese product.. so then I looked up that model number and it's essentially the SGN model for every region EXCEPT FOR OURS..

well, here comes my next question then

does anyone know of a sexy metal case for the US model?

I really want a metal case for it! :)

Upvote 0
While those cases might look really neat, it's just my own personal preference not to have use a screwdriver to remove the case (or put it back on) from my phone. If they snapped on, I would probably snag one of those.

The bottom case appears to be a snap on, from the description:

• Snap-on design will grip the phone securely​
  • Easy to install and take off; no tool is required​

Upvote 0
does anyone know of a sexy metal case for the US model?

Just to be clear, you have not actually yet said what carrier/version of the phone you are buying. There is no "US" model of the phone. The GSM phone sold through the Play store is a US phone, and fits the accessories of the int'l GSM one. The Verizon and Sprint versions of the phone in the US are slightly differently shaped.

Most soft cases will fit all of them, but possibly not a hard case.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones