• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

The way to set your self up for wiping.

maluminse

Aug 6, 2010
In another thread I discussed a call issue which resulted in me wiping.

I thought I was being clever by moving all apps to sd card so I could just move them back.

No go.

Luckily I had downloaded Applist. MUST HAVE. It merely lists all your apps in a text file which you can look at after wiping. (from sd card)

But I spent a good three hours redownloading all the apps.

WORST PART??!! - Some of those apps are gone!!!

Paste and DIal is a MUST have for EVO users and other HTC phones where the phone can wash your car but cant paste into the phone dialer.. (WTF)

Paste and Dial is gone!!!! Its gone from the market.

So I found it elsewhere.

The solution I will be employing as much as time permits in the future? Downlaod the apks to a folder on my computer. Then upon future wiping I can simply mass copy to sd card. That way its easier AND apps that go away dont go away for me.

My two cents. I hope this helps. (If paste and dial is a diff name plz let me know)

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones