• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

The "What I got for Christmas Thread" thread.

I know some people exchange gifts on Christmas Eve instead of Christmas day
Or the day after Christmas, as in my case this year! Our daughter and son-in-law, and our two beautiful grandsons, are arriving Thursday. I can't wait! :D

I bought myself a new Laptop (Asus Zenbook UX31A touch) and a new camera (Nikon D3200).
Good for you. Nice choices.

My relatives gave me a headache and a case of indigestion ... same thing they got me last year. ;)
It would be "spit out my coffee" time, but I'm not drinking coffee right now. :rofl:

Upvote 0
I leave it up to the wife to go crazy each year. She never dissapoints. I took care of myself a few days back and ordered a knife I've had my eye on for some time. I stocked up on some refreshing beverages for the holiday. Have a house full of yummy stuff ready to cook. Kids are coming over tomorrow.. what more could a man want?

Reactions: lunatic59
Upvote 0
The most interesting gift of Christmas... 1387990632212.jpg

Reactions: Member243850
Upvote 0
Santa said I had been a very extremely nasty super troglodyte... stealing candy from babies... beating up old grannies... and robbing liquor stores... so I got this for Christmas ek se :(

coal_hands.jpg

He said if I don't stop ringing disabled people's door bells and running for the hills then he will come and get me himself he said ek het gese dis baie mal... dis baie mal ek se... :)

He sent a letter and it was very rude and he told me to get a life... :(

Oh well I guess I should start being a good little gnome? :(

Upvote 0
Santa said I had been a very extremely nasty super troglodyte... stealing candy from babies... beating up old grannies... and robbing liquor stores... so I got this for Christmas ek se :(

coal_hands.jpg

He said if I don't stop ringing disabled people's door bells and running for the hills then he will come and get me himself he said ek het gese dis baie mal... dis baie mal ek se... :)

Santa gave you a "make your own diamond" kit!

Now all you need to do is get that gold away from the hobbits.

Upvote 0
I thought it would be interesting to share what we all received for Christmas. Feel free to share :)

$50 Walmart Gift Card
Gillette Fusion ProGlide Gift Set
Axe Body Wash Gift Set
Timex Watch
Sleep Shorts/Pants
Luke Bryan 5 CD Set
Kiss Classics
Metallica Live
James Patterson; Private #1 Suspect
James Patterson; Private London
God of War Ascension

Upvote 0

coal_hands.jpg

Shame on you, Mr Stinkster-Christmas-Grinch-Living-In-A-Dumpster-With-Giant-Ugly-Disgusting-Cockroaches. :mad: Coal looks like an appropriate gift for you this year, young man.

Now shape the hell up so Santa brings you something better next year!

Upvote 0
I didn't get much myself, I bought myself a copy of Arkham Origins so I had something for under the tree. I asked for money from everyone else to put towards a PS4 at some point early next year.

The cash thing didn't go to plan though, I bought myself a chromecast earlier in the month and I'm toying between getting a chromebook or a 2nd hand netbook. It's looking like the latter as I've just added a tonne to my ebay watch list. For all I'd use it for, I can't justify

Upvote 0
I got both the kids Nexus 7's this year.

Probably the biggest hit was the fact they can now play Minecraft together on said tablets. ;)

LOL same here. I can't watch Minecraft in split screen on our TV so I never played MC with my kids on the xBox. Fat man brought them tablets this year too, so we spent most of the day linked up on the tablets :) My vision is still blurred from that!!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones