• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
IMO they are trying to move away from just being app/android related and get into the same style store as iTunes or Amazon. Android Market was a title that made it seem like it was Android only when you don't need an android device to purchase the music...Why they didn't go with Google Market is beyond me but Google Play sounds more like a media store for computers as well compared to Android Market.

Reactions: novox77
Upvote 0
I'm slightly with Yeahha on this. I think them getting away from Android would make sense (considering they sell other stuff). But I think Google Play is probably the most asinine name. To me, it doesn't say 'buy your music here', but it says 'I leik 2 play gamez'

Google Market or Google Store would have been *far* more intelligent to me. Play sounds like what you'd want on your child's tablet. You know, full of apps that let kids draw smiley faces and rainbows.

(off topic RE: RIM )
As you all may know, I'm a fan of RIM and would love to see a come back, but I surely don't believe that would be a done with the Playbook. Too little too late my friend.

Upvote 0
I'm slightly with Yeahha on this.

You know they make medication to correct that right?
th_Smiley-hiding-behind-couch.gif

Reactions: 9to5cynic and melim
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones