• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

The X5's Price Is Already Rising

They are probably trying to get a quick buck off of the early excitement.

This.

They're scalpers, plain and simple. They're probably planning to buy from Amazon once they're actually on sale and then re-sell those units to fulfill their orders. They won't ship any quicker than Amazon can, guaranteed.

Upvote 0
They are listed as 3rd party sellers. They may or may not be able to actually fulfill orders beyond one or two phones. They are probably trying to get a quick buck off of the early excitement.
yes, this is exactly what i was posting about like a week or 2 ago, with such a cheap phone that is super good deal, they are gonna buy out all the stock and upsell it and profit. it happened with kanye west's shoes, now 5x :(

but maybe Huawei is doing this, Huawei is pretending to be "third party sellers" and since they contorl all the stock they will pretend to be sold out to these 3rd party sellers and so they advertsie the 5x as a 199$ phone but sell it for 250$ and save money on overhead costs and some taxes. it may not seem like much, but if you look at profit margins per unit, if they made an extra 50$ per phone sold, that money adds up fast.

Upvote 0
yes, this is exactly what i was posting about like a week or 2 ago, with such a cheap phone that is super good deal, they are gonna buy out all the stock and upsell it and profit. it happened with kanye west's shoes, now 5x :(

but maybe Huawei is doing this, Huawei is pretending to be "third party sellers" and since they contorl all the stock they will pretend to be sold out to these 3rd party sellers and so they advertsie the 5x as a 199$ phone but sell it for 250$ and save money on overhead costs and some taxes. it may not seem like much, but if you look at profit margins per unit, if they made an extra 50$ per phone sold, that money adds up fast.
There is SOMETHING very fishy going on. I've been watching and I know that manufacturers CAN dictate maximum selling price.

I found that out as, in sales, always got 50/50 split on excess over my cost and 100% over promtion (not list, promotion). I sold over list for 3 different companies big ticket items ($50K+) and only got away with it a handful of times.

It's considered poor business practice, I guess but I was selling much more than just the hard commodity... It's service, followup and support which people paid me more for.

Phones? Should NOT be going above list, period. Not too much value added intangibles to a phone from Amazon sellers.

Upvote 0
I don't know who these people are that Huawei is allowing to do this as I thought the price set in stone at $199 BUT now it's at $232.00 - $435.00. Am I missing something??????

If Huawei is going to allow that then I'm just going to fund a few skids of them and start drop shipping.

http://www.amazon.com/Android-Qualc...UTF8&qid=1453248819&sr=8-4&keywords=huawei+x5
The manufacturers suggested retail price is $199. Here is the official honor 5X listing that is sold by honor USA - http://www.amazon.com/Honor-5X-Metal-Unlocked-Smartphone/dp/B019O8YWR0/

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones