• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

The Xperia Play & OnLive

Yes the OnLive viewer has worked perfectly so far....However, I have tried OnLive with my Desktop PC quite a few times and it's not as great as it sounds. There is still a lot of improvement that OnLive needs to make games playable. For example when playing a FPS like FEAR 2 there is a slight 1 1/2 second delay from when you press a button to the action happening on screen. It doesn't sound like much but when your in a heated firefight it gets VERY annoying.

Maybe it would be better on a faster internet connection since I'm only running at a 5MB/896Kbps connection but not everyone can have a full fiber optic internet connection.....Tell me what you guys think.....

Upvote 0
Yes the OnLive viewer has worked perfectly so far....However, I have tried OnLive with my Desktop PC quite a few times and it's not as great as it sounds. There is still a lot of improvement that OnLive needs to make games playable. For example when playing a FPS like FEAR 2 there is a slight 1 1/2 second delay from when you press a button to the action happening on screen. It doesn't sound like much but when your in a heated firefight it gets VERY annoying.

Maybe it would be better on a faster internet connection since I'm only running at a 5MB/896Kbps connection but not everyone can have a full fiber optic internet connection.....Tell me what you guys think.....

My Internet connection averages about 20Mb/s down, 9Mb/s up, so that most likely the difference we are seeing in latency. I have had very little problems with network connections or lag in controller input on the PC, my microconsole, and on the Xperia Play. (obviously just viewing on the play).

I have to say, it looks wonderful on my 73" HDTV :p

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones