1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

The Z Fold 3 Update Thread

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by The_Chief, Sep 30, 2021.

1. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations!
    VIP Member Thread Starter

Here's where we can find the latest update information (post if you find it first) - and changes we discover.

Right now the September 2021 security patch is available in the United States!

ocnbrze likes this.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

Yep just downloading and installing right now.

3. Milo Williamson

Milo Williamson Android Expert

Mine is August first, 2021.

ocnbrze likes this.
  4. ocnbrze

just an fyi, this thread is for the z fold 3....LOL

5. ocnbrze

6. The_Chief

The huge October 2021 update is rolling out and I just got it. It includes 100 security fixes, 68 of which have been issued by Google directly, with Samsung contributing another 32.

24 of these security fixes have been labeled as severe, so owners of compatible Galaxy devices should install this update as soon as possible.

#6 The_Chief, Oct 9, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2021
    ocnbrze likes this.
  7. The_Chief

ONE UI 4 WITH ANDROID 12

Public Beta is now open in South Korea and India! If you are interested in the beta (which means everything may not work correctly), look in the Community News section of the Samsung Members app. Click on the banner to participate in the beta test. Once you agree with the terms, the update will download.

This is a major system upgrade,so back up all your data before doing this! If everything goes wrong, data loss will be minimal!

ocnbrze likes this.
  8. The_Chief

Got it this morning! Beta is open in the United States (I have a Samsung unlocked version).

I backed up everything to Samsung Cloud and Google Drive, then to my PC, then started the install. Lots of new features and very few hiccups (like an error with Samsung Pay that doesn't want to go away). I'll spend the next few days exploring them all: not much time right now.

ocnbrze likes this.
  9. The_Chief

I really haven't done much with a lot of Android 12's features, but so far the beta is working at about 95%. Between all the Veterans Day events and a broken stepladder (and a subsequently broken right wrist), my time & energy have been at a premium.

10. The_Chief

For those of you participating in the One UI 4 beta, version 3 (ZUKJ) is available in the United States!

ocnbrze likes this.

Samsung Galaxy Z Fold3 5G Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Z Fold3 5G release date was 27 August. Features and Specs include a 7.6" inch screen, 12MP camera, 12GB RAM, Snapdragon 888 5G processor, and 4400mAh battery.

27 August
Release Date
Reviews