• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

The Z Fold 4 UPDATE Thread

Samsung have started rolling out their 2nd Android 13 update to the international, F936B, devices with a slightly later, BVKC, build and the December security patch. It is only a security patch update.

1elUQzrl.jpg

Upvote 0
So the SM-936B, in Europe and India, is receiving the BVKC patch; while the SM-936U1 in the United States is sitting on BVKB. The career technician in me has to wonder what in those regions compelled Samsung to tweak the "B" update to "C"; and why U.S. unlocked devices don't need it
Roughly the same build but the European stock models are quicker for Samsung to update as there are no carriers involved.

Here's another thought... Verizon are receiving the new U.S., BVKB, update but with the November security patch instead of December. See screenshot...

uosJnGUl.jpg

I suggest that we keep the updates in separate threads to avoid confusion and having to plough through pages of old updates that are not applicable.

Upvote 0
Samsung has started rolling out in earnest, its 2nd Android 13 update, BVKC, and December security patch to international, F936B, devices in Europe, Asia, North & South America and Africa.

It is a FOTA, (Firmware Over The Air), update and you can check... Settings > Software update... to see if it is available for you. Alternatively, you can connect to the Samsung PC suite, Smart Switch and check via that.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I do not think I can ever recall such a swift update roll-out from Samsung.

In less than 48 hours, all of the European and Asian countries have been covered, including the carrier branded firmwares, and all of Africa, except South Africa have received this large security update. New Zealand and some of the South American countries have also received it.

It certainly looks as though Samsung are taking this large security update very seriously.

Upvote 0
[UPDATED 09 JAN 2023 @ 08.00hrs UTC]

T-Mobile (USA)
on the unlocked F936U1 are not alone on still being on Android 12 some 2 months after release.

Also, currently on Android 12 are...
  • PCT = Puerto Rico
  • TFN = Tracfone
  • TMK = Metro/PCS
On the worldwide, F936B, devices, are...
  • BVO = Bolivia
  • EBE = Ecuador
  • ECO = Ecuador
  • CDR = Dominican Republic
  • CGU = Guatemala
  • PGU = Guatemala
  • CRC = Costa Rica

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones