1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Root [THEME] ApeX Sense 1.4

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by CHP, Feb 22, 2011.

1. CHP

CHP Newbie

The title tells all. This is a port I made of the theme for stock 2.3.340 for ApeX 1.4.

Update 1: Fixed visibility issues.
    Update 2: Themed a few icons. Having issues finding the files for the rest of the icons. (continue to use adw senses theme for now)
    Update 3: Themed more icons and made the eri.xml blank so there won't be "ApeX BWC" or "Verizon Wireless" in the pulldown bar.

I take no credit for the images, all credit goes sto the original themers.

Browser, gallery, camera, phone, etc all need theming still but I will get to that eventually :)

[​IMG][​IMG]

LINK:
    Sense update 3

Install as you would any other update.zip file :)

For now you can get sense icons in an adw them until I get them in here. Just search "senses adw" in the market and that works fine.

Advertisement

gmenfan83 likes this.
  2. eljoker

eljoker Newbie

would this work with 1.4.1? the looks awesome,btw this doesnt change the keyboard to the htc right? i hate that thing

3. CHP

CHP Newbie

yup. should work just fine. The only think that is modded atm is the framework. Working on some icons but I'm not planning on doing the keyboard. I hate how the sense keyboard works/looks too.

4. CHP

CHP Newbie

Bump for update 2!

5. UnLucky

UnLucky Member

Toggle switches in the drop down.. Part of the theme or something I've skipped over from apex?

6. BIG CAT 7

BIG CAT 7 Android Enthusiast

Yeah, what is that widget in the drop down notification bar?????

7. dgdave

dgdave Well-Known Member

Power Control Plus

BIG CAT 7 likes this.
  8. CHP

CHP Newbie

or widgetsoid, which is what is in the screenshot, its free.

BIG CAT 7 likes this.
  9. BIG CAT 7

Just downloaded and really like it alot better compared to Power Control Plus. And it's free to boot!

10. CHP

CHP Newbie

glad I could add to the android experience.

11. SimsDelt

SimsDelt Android Expert

Why does the Notification dropdown and the lock screen header say "APEX BWC" did you use Black,White and Chrome's theme for this?

12. incrediblenotinstock

incrediblenotinstock Android Enthusiast

can someone show me how to put the widgetsoid power control in the pull down please i cant figure out how to do it

13. BIG CAT 7

If you go into the app and click widgets and then tap the little green circle next to the widget you created and the click the pencil on the bottom then go to advanced and click the notification and if you want to make it invisible on the homescreen you can choose that option as well.

I had issues trying to figure it out last night as well but wen into the FAQ withing the app and that helped a ton.... Great app when you gert it all set up...

14. incrediblenotinstock

incrediblenotinstock Android Enthusiast

awesome thank you so much

15. BIG CAT 7

Not a problem....:D

16. Stevessvt

Stevessvt Android Enthusiast

My settings are in black and white. Anyone else?

17. CHP

CHP Newbie

lol, i did use it as a base but i thought i deleted all the parts of bwc...

18. CHP

CHP Newbie

you know what I did, I used the BWC zip and I recycled it and I left the services.jar in but when I was testing it it did not show up.

19. bouchigo

bouchigo Android Expert

"ApeX BWC" is not in services.jar, it's in eri.xml located in framework.

20. SimsDelt

SimsDelt Android Expert

Would love to have that removed... even if it was just blank... don't like it saying "Verizon Wireless" either...

21. CHP

CHP Newbie

Okay, thanks. I'll try and get it fixed today along with a few other things.

22. CHP

CHP Newbie

Okay, should be fixed. Update 3 is out.

23. SimsDelt

SimsDelt Android Expert

Looks great now... thanks for editing out the BWC and Verizon Wireless stuff... I always liked the way the sense UI looks... and now my DX looks like it... here's a screeny of my main screen.

[​IMG]

24. This is AWESOME... how did you get your phone to look like that? Mind sharing a few tips? I'm running Apex 1.4.1 as well and I downloaded the HTC sense theme for ADW yesterday, but I'm not liking it as much as I thought I would unless I'm doing something wrong..

25. SimsDelt

SimsDelt Android Expert

I made my own dock... in your launcher change the dock background to the one I'm providing below... along with each dock icon to the "transparent" icon that I'm also attaching too... I set my left Icon to the browser shortcut and then transparent icon... the three middle ones to "dialer" with transparent icon and the right one with my msg app and transparent icon too. I use Launcher Pro + so I made my three middle icons have a "swipe up" so I can open the app drawer. I will attach the other dock I have with a slot for the app drawer.

"EDIT" The "transparent" icon is below the docks... it is transparent and thats why you can't see it. Just right click on it and click "save as"

Attached Files: