1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

[THEME] Black, White, and Chrome for GB v4.5.596 UPDATED 6/13/11

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by bouchigo, May 31, 2011.

1. Wally World

Wally World Android Expert

Has the market issue been fixed?

Great work btw!

2. bouchigo

bouchigo Android Expert

What Market issue?

3. Wally World

Having V2.3.6 causing issues.

4. bouchigo

bouchigo Android Expert

It doesn't cause issues. If you don't install it correctly, then that's another issue.........that's what causes issues ;)

5. bouchigo

bouchigo Android Expert

UPDATED theme to version 2.3.

There are quite a few updates, so many I can't recall all of them, but these are some off the top of my head: music app is now inverted along with a more apks inverted, made tweaks to browser, text messaging, universal inbox, BlurPhone, BlurDialer, fixed white text when creating a new account, etc., etc.

It's best to just flash the complete them over your existing setup, whether you already have BWC installed or not.

6. bouchigo

bouchigo Android Expert

False start :p

Have to re-upload, was having issues, hold on :D

7. LaZeR

LaZeR Android Enthusiast

Any word on this working over Fab's Apex RC2?

8. Greavous

Greavous Android Enthusiast

Im holding still with RC1 for now. I dont have any issues with it as it is so Im going to wait and see how the latest CM4 rumor pans out or Fab releases a final. Every time I reload a ROM it takes a while to get my phone set up as I like it and although it was fun for a while its getting a bit boring these days, if you know what I mean.

The old BWC works fine with RC1, and as soon as the improved version of BWC is back online ill flash it.

LaZeR likes this.
  9. bouchigo

bouchigo Android Expert

Ok, all is good now :D

I don't know, I am not running ApeX RC2.

lennydude likes this.
  10. Wally World

I did notice some banding on the white portions of widgets. Looks like a light gray box or band next to the white. You can see it in the stock messaging widget.

11. bouchigo

bouchigo Android Expert

I don't notice anything. Give me a screenshot.

12. slappynutz

slappynutz Lurker

Great work Btw love it.

I was going to upgrade to your new 2.3v and i cant down grade my market. (2.3.6)
    force stop and cancel both are grayed out. I cant unistall to previous version? All i can do is clear data an clear cache.

edit i can force now but still cant downgrade.

13. bouchigo

bouchigo Android Expert

Try rebooting.

Are you on my previous version of BWC? If you are, you can flash right over and be fine.

Or did you install a modded Market?

It sounds like you are on v2.3.6 without the update; the update is what causes the problems.

14. slappynutz

slappynutz Lurker

rebooted four times same thing..

Im on the last one you had for .596(BWC_GB_2.3.3_4.5.596-2)... Before this new one.

All i did was downgrade the market and let your gem do the work.. no modded market just yours

I should be ok correct?

15. bouchigo

bouchigo Android Expert

Yes, you should be fine.

slappynutz likes this.
  16. lennydude

lennydude Android Expert

Great work once again :):)

With all your hard work it just keeps getting better.

Thanks much !!!

bouchigo likes this.
  17. bouchigo

bouchigo Android Expert

That's the idea ;) :D

18. Wally World

I went back to Froyo before I could get some. You did some great work. I just can't live with GB's laggy keyboard and bad messaging widget.

Do you have this theme for Froyo?

19. bouchigo

bouchigo Android Expert

Not for stock Froyo, but I did for Fission 2.6.1, 2.5.7, Liberty 1.0, 1.5, RubiX 2.0.X, ApeX 1.4.0, and others.

The keyboard only lags once in a while for me on GB..........all you have to do is long press on the input screen as if you were changing keyboards and then hit the back arrow and it goes back to normal.

20. Wally World

Ok thanks. Strange. It's just generally laggy but consistent. I have tried everything, wiping, reflashing the GB SBF, etc, etc. It's just slow and inaccurate. Whats funny is aftermarket keyboards have the same symptoms. Froy on the other hand just screams in comparison.

21. barchamb

barchamb Newbie

Love this theme. Had it on for a couple weeks now. Thanks for your work.

I didn't see this mentioned (maybe I missed it?), so I'll mention it here: The WiFi and 1xRTT (and maybe 3G?) icons have 2 states. Not sure what the 2 states are for 1xRTT (or 3G), but for WiFi the first state is "Connected to the access point, but not to the internet" and the second state is "Connected to the access point AND the internet", or something like that.

With the BWC theme, the first state icons seem to be stock GB, and then once they move into the second state, they change into the BWC themed icons. Is that a problem on my end, like I messed up applying the theme, or were these icons missed in the theming process?

22. bouchigo

bouchigo Android Expert

It's not a problem on your end, and the icons were not missed; I did it like that on purpose ;)

23. johnan2112

johnan2112 Newbie

Is anyone having FC issues with Google Talk after flashing BWC? This has happened twice now with my phone. The first time I saw it, I thought I might have a bad GB install so I did a clean SBF to Froyo -> 2 step to 596 GB -> Deodexed -> flash BWC and I'm still seeing this issue. All my other apps seem to work fine but it just irks me that this one seems to have issues.

24. bouchigo

bouchigo Android Expert

Everything was working fine when I was on stock with BWC. I'm on ApeX now so I can't check it very easily.

Try clearing the apps cache in manage applications.

What deodexer did you use?

25. johnan2112

johnan2112 Newbie

I went to clear the cache but it's grayed out. I also used your deodexer :)

Motorola Droid X Forum

The Motorola Droid X release date was July 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 512GB RAM, TI OMAP3630 processor, and 1540mAh battery.

July 2010
Release Date
Reviews