• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [THEME] Bugless Evolution

Benny879

Nov 15, 2009
First and foremost all credit goes to Manup456 for creating this theme for the EVO. Permission was received from him to port this here. I recommend checking out his new website for a ton of cool stuff: http://digitalstylewars.com/

This theme is available in both ROM and Theme Only format. This version can only be installed over Bugless Beast v.4. I've also posted alot of goodies to add in if you desire.

Original Thread for this theme: [THEME] 8/30/2010 Manup456 The EVO Collection 2.2 UPDATED =) - xda-developers

UPDATE v8 (Read Instructions!)
- Optimized to work with Bugless Beast V0.5
- Due to Pete moving all the apps to the data partition, I removed the themed apps from the main theme file and made them available separately in one big .zip. This way, you can install whatever apps you want and not install the ones you don't use. The new file is called "Bugless_Evolution_Apps.zip". Each .apk inside this .zip can be installed with a file manager. Before installing the themed app, be sure to uninstall the current app on your phone. For example: If you plan on installing the Google Search Widget, uninstall Google Search, and then install the provided GoogleQuickSearchBox.apk. Do this for each app you want to install. Themed apps included in the Bugless_Evolution_Apps.zip are:

AudioManager v2.1.4
ESPN ScoreCenter 1.0.5
Facebook v1.3.2
Genie Widget (Google News/Weather app)
Gmail v2.3
Google Search v1.1.2
Google Voice v0.4.1.19
Last Call Widget (100% transparent background, credit Manup456)
SMS Popup
Twitter v1.0.4

UPDATE v7
- Based on Manup's newest REVOlution theme version 1.2r1
- Updated framework images (noticeable in notification pulldown)
- Replaced stock music app with modified MusicMod 1.8 (uninstall MusicMod if you already have installed)
- Updated Facebook and Twitter widgets
- New lockscreen graphics
- Browser bookmark button is fixed

UPDATE v6
- Fixed Bluetooth icon while on call
- Added themed Twitter 1.0.3
- Updated Google Search Widget
- Added themed SMS Popup app
- Removed LauncherPro.apk (install with method listed below)

UPDATE v5

- Themed LauncherPro (see below for details)
- Updated BlackMMS to latest version (more options)
- Updated Superuser to 2.3.3
- Updated Gmail to leaked version 2.2.1
- Removed "Verizon Wireless" badging from lockscreen and notification bar
- Added Droid 2 boot animation

UPDATE v4
This isn't a very big visual update, but there should be some performance and stability fixes.

- Fully De-odexed ROM
- All .apk's have been zip-aligned and optimized for performance
(You should see an overall performance boost and save about 10 MB of system RAM over v3)
- Includes newest version of Google Search widget (Themed)
- Removed VoiceSearch.apk from ROM. After installing v4, download Google Voice Search from market to get newest version.
- Themed Facebook 1.3.2

UPDATE v3
- Themed lock screen sliders
- Updated notification pulldown bar (removed Evo tagging). Also fixed resolution issues when in landscape.
- Cleaned up Google Search Widget
- Modified phone keypad to go more with theme
- Added newest versions of Facebook (1.3.1) and Twitter (1.0.2) both themed.
- Added Manup's Evolution wallpaper pack to Launcher2.apk. Accessible through your default wallpaper menu.
- Added Superuser 2.3

UPDATE v2
- Updated status bar to be solid black instead of transparent
- Entire notification bar is now transparent including item boxes
- Updated signal bar icons
- Updated misc framework images
- Added BlackMMS
- New icons for Twitter and Facebook apps
- New themed Analog Clock widget
- Evolution fonts are now built in
- Now available in Full ROM and Theme Only downloads :)

Theme Download (Do not wipe): Bugless_Evolution_v8.zip
Themed Apps: Bugless_Evolution_Apps.zip (Extract .zip and place .apk's on your SD card. Install apps with a file manager) [UPDATED 10/14/10]

Brightness Fix: Evolution_Brightness_Fix.zip (Round battery users only)

Transparent Dialer: Evolution_Transparent_Dialer.zip

Alternate Battery Icon: Evolution_Alt_Battery_v8.zip

Alt_Battery.png

No Clock Modification: Evolution_No_Clock.zip --> Flash this LAST (works with both battery styles)

No_Clock.png

Installation: All .zip's can be installed with either Clockwork or SPRecovery. Change name to update.zip for SPRecovery.

Optional Font packages (Install with Clockwork Recovery ONLY)

Stock font package flash this .zip --> Default_Fonts.zip
Evolution font package flash this .zip --> Evolution_Font.zip
Kangerade (NexTheme) font package flash this .zip --> Kanged_Fonts.zip
Dark Edge font package flash this .zip --> DarkEdge_Fonts.zip

Themed LauncherPro

Below is the download for a themed version of LauncherPro 0.8.1.1. I changed a lot more images this time around. All highlights that were yellow/orange before are now green. Widgets are still themed as well as the trash can. If your on v5, delete your LauncherPro.apk from system/app (use Root Explorer). This new .apk can be installed through a file manager as it is signed.

Download: Evolution-LauncherPro-0.8.1.1.apk

LauncherPro2.png
LauncherPro.png
Trashcan.png

Photos

Lockscreen.png
Screen2.png
Widgets.png
Screen4.png
Notification.png
Music.png
Menu1.png
Menu2.png

Alot of people are asking about the LauncherPro dock that I have pictured. I'm posting a file that has both the dock background and the text icons that Manup designed for this theme. Use whatever shortcut you want and just match the word icon up with what best describes what your doing.

Evolution_Dock.zip --> This is NOT flashable through recovery. This .zip contains icons and a background dock image that needs to be applied through the LauncherPro preferences.

Dock.png

Themed htc_ime keyboard: Download
Install with a file manager as you would any other .apk.

screenshot_42.png

Special Thanks...

Manup456 for the theme and all the great work he creates
Pete for his work on Bugless Beast
All other themers for inspiring me and helping me get this done

Donate if you like my ports! Money will goto a new phone.

I was starting to feel like a retired exhibitionist (I hadn't flashed in over two weeks), but this thread proves my career is not over. Park joggers beware!

(Oh, and thanks for posting a screenshot showing the calendar widget. So many themers seem to overlook that widget which has been a deal breaker for me too many times to count.)

Upvote 0
Except for the fact that it is based upon the EVO...

This looks spiffy. Very clean and different look.

If Wadsface can tell me 1) where the bg came from, and 2) how he got that clock to display words as opposed to numbers, I'll be very close to trying this ROM out....

The clock widget is called "Tajm". The worded battery widget is called "Battstatt"

Upvote 0
Evolution Dock:

1. Download launcher pro, download the evolution doc zip in the OP.
2. Put the evolution doc contents onto your SD card somewhere.
2. Menu > Preferences > Dock Background
3. Click Custom and your gallery should open up. Find the evo dock pics, and find the one that looks blank.
4. Long press on a dock icon and click Change Shortcut. Select your action, then select Custom Icon. Navigate like you did to find the dock background, and match up whatever image you want to use for that particular shortcut.
5. Repeat step 4 for each of those icons.

Upvote 0
It looks like your widget is bigger than mine, that's my only problem with this widget, it's lack of size customization.
Another case of widget envy. Wouldn't it be great if all our widgets came with size customization? ;)

P.S. Did you see that the paid version of LauncherPro allows you to resize widgets? You can test this in the free version. Long press a widget on your screen and drag from bottom, right corner.

Upvote 0
Put this theme on yesterday and it looks great! Thanks. One question, everything looks good on mine except the themed Twitter and Facebook, can't get mine to look like the screen shots, any ideas??

You must have updated to the newest versions which unthemed them. Ill post themed versions of the newest updates tonight.

Upvote 0
Another case of widget envy. Wouldn't it be great if all our widgets came with size customization? ;)

P.S. Did you see that the paid version of LauncherPro allows you to resize widgets? You can test this in the free version. Long press a widget on your screen and drag from bottom, right corner.

Thought about this. My problem with that is it doesn't scale well, the text that is. When making the widget into a 2x1 or even a 4x1 the text doesn't really get larger. I'm more specifically wanting to resize the "past", "minutes to" and the date text. It's too small in juxtaposition to the number text.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones