• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Theme] Cyan 4 BrokenOut (wip)

hey, if you still need testers i would be more than happy to help out.

I have the UI done....I just broke the contacts and MMS apks :D Just havent had the time to play with it. Might pull the extra apks out and post just the main theme in a little bit and update it later tho

Upvote 0
If someone is around and wants to flash this for me it'd be great :D

Its just the status bar, settings, dropdown, etc etc themed. I ended up with 2 different files and forgot which was which :D So if some one wants to flash it and tell me the lockscreen, status bar, settings, etc etc is themed that'd be great :D (and doesnt have any "stock" Broken out items)(Wipe cache and dalvik before flashing. After flash just reboot)
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/50330810/BrokenOutCyan.zip

Working on Contacts now...Just alot of XML edits to do in it. And should have MMS done too by this time tomorrow :D

Also if anyone is curious this is what its going to look like:
http://androidforums.com/esteem-all-things-root/566462-theme-cyan-4-2-v1-1-a.html

Upvote 0
Scrolling texts? Screen shot?

I took screenshots but I guess i can't upload from my phone so I'll try to explain as best as I can. Like in the settings and display we have multiple options of when our screen will time out. Each of those options can't be seen because its just a black transparent screen with black text but i am able to see white texts from previous screens under current open one. Lol hope you got that.

Upvote 0
I took screenshots but I guess i can't upload from my phone so I'll try to explain as best as I can. Like in the settings and display we have multiple options of when our screen will time out. Each of those options can't be seen because its just a black transparent screen with black text but i am able to see white texts from previous screens under current open one. Lol hope you got that.

Know exactly what you're talking about now. It's like the only menu like that because I haven't figured which xml controls the text for that one yet. Have the same issue on the Esteem. Haven't looked into it much tho because really hardly anyone ever uses more then once except to set it once.

Is that the only menu like that that you can find?

Upvote 0
Hey shiny. The screenshots I linked to you show it. Like in the popup menus and the notification area the text is black on a dark grey transparent background so its SUPER hard to read it. Let me know if you need the screenshots again.

Yeah I know what you're talking about. It's gonna be changed to white text. Meant to fix it last night but had some non Android / AF stuff come up. Gonna try and hunker down and do a bunch tonight if I can.

Upvote 0
Hey man great theme i love the font on it and everything except the notification pull down and settings menu being so hard to read but u did said u were working on that, but other than that its all around awsm. The lock screen is sweet and also when in a text if u need to put the curser in a different spot to fix a word or somthing, i love the pointing finger its pretty kewl :) ill let u know if i find anything else that seems off i basically just installed it and ran through the phone for a 1st impression and i like it so far so good... Thx

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones