• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [THEME] GingerFusion3.9 *Bluetooth Fixed 1/26/2012*

@spc_hicks09 if you don't mind me asking, what did you use to make this theme? I've been using uot kitchen to my themes.

I did 95% of this theme myself without using UOT. I used apkmanager to decompile the apks, then edited the images to my liking, then used apkmanager again to compile the apks. Apkmanager can be found at XDA. Easiest way to find it is to Google "apkmanager."

Reactions: gbiggie
Upvote 0
sure? Cause the boot animation is different, and when flashing it says... Installing new font. I'm confused dude lol fukkit

Ok, the reason why it didn't work on Esteemed ROM:

If you take apart the file "framework-res.apk, and systemUI.apk, there will be a difference between those files for Esteemed, compared to the files from Gingersteem Extreme. If even 1 little thing is different, my theme will not work. So if you compare the files in my theme, to the files in Esteemed ROM, you'll find something different in there. Which is what makes this theme ONLY compatible with Gingersteem Extreme. Which is also why I stated that in the very first post.

This theme is cooked in to Gingersteem Extreme as well. That means if you flash Gingersteem Extreme, my theme is included and you do not have to flash the theme separate.

The only reason I made s separate thread for the theme is because I'm still making updates for it. I don't expect PlayfulGod to update his ROM every time I update my theme. Therefore a separate thread was needed that way people can get the updates and just flash this over Gingersteem Extreme.

Lastly. The fact that you got a bootloop even after flashing this over Gingersteem, tells me that it's something wrong on your end. Not saying YOU messed up in particular or anything but it could be a number of things. Could be a bad download, could be something with your phone. Could even be that you messed up somewhere in the flashing process. However, seeing as how you're the only one that this happened to, I have to conclude that it's something on your end and that it's not the theme. So please reply and give me the following info so I can help:

Are you downloading the theme on your phone or on a PC?

What exact detailed steps do you do when flashing the theme?

Upvote 0
I downloaded it on my Mac, then I placed on my sdcard. I go into recovery, wipe data then I go to advanced, wipe dalvik cache. Then I flash.when it completely reboot... But if it is the same theme that's in gingersteem extreme. Then I already got that theme right? Lol

If your statusbar looks like the screenshots then yes.

Upvote 0
I'm having problems with swipe f/c's when I first installed the gingersteem extreme, I was prompted to update swipe did it without any thoughts that it may be bugy. Can I go back to the original swipe? can anyone advise how to do it without flashing the rom all over again? thanks for any suggestions.

You'd probably get more help if you posted this in the ROM thread.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones