• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [THEME] Incredibly RED/ BLUE

Thanks for the update looks great. When you move an app or widget that green box is still around it. you can see it in my previous post. No big deal if you cant find it, but if you can find it for the next update that would be great.

Sorry man... i thought i found it... but i didnt... IM STILL LOOKING THOUGH.

Ive been through every drawable i can think of, and been sifting through XMLs... If you or anyone has any ideas, or know where its at... Let me know ill have it edited ASAP!!!

Upvote 0
Very nice work...I always have my GPS enabled so the blank spot would drive me nuts but I might have to give the blue theme a spin.

Truthfully i dont even notice the blank spot... Unless u keep your stat bar cluttered by not checking things... you may not notice it either! All your notifications will popup from the left.. filling in to the right anyway... so it doesnt seem blank till your stat bar gets filled!

Upvote 0
Quick Question. Do I need to Delete my Cache and data like when installing a Rom? Or is it just the theme and you get to keep all your apps and Junk?

no need to delete or clear anything... These are just system files that overwrite the existing file. The only changes made to your phone are the files within them that i edited (themed).

Upvote 0
Could I get you to upload the background you're using in the blue photos?

edit:

Also, you missed some green.
fC3JP.png

Upvote 0
Could I get you to upload the background you're using in the blue photos?

edit:

Also, you missed some green.
fC3JP.png

Dont mean to be rude but , i MISSED NOTHING... that green is controlled by an apk i have not YET themed!!. My theme is not complete. I am constantly updating it as i theme more apks.

FYI to ALL who dont know OR understand, ANDROID is similar to a PC, EVERYTHING is run by its own program (APK) Mind you that everything on your phone IS a program, from the home screen, to the widgets, to the settings themselves! Each of these apks must be broken down and edited individually. There is no "master file" that changes everything, and until we fully unlock this phone there is no way ( like MetaMorph) to simply overwrite the "themed" parts of these "programs". Ive done my best to cover the MAJORITY of commonly used items on the homescreen, but it is still a work in progress!

Upvote 0
Keep up the good work man. Are you planning on doing some ROM specific theming once you have the stock theme done?

IF... i theme any specific ROMs it will probably be Cyanogen... when they get the bugs worked out. Its my ROM of preference from my moto droid days, and its BASE Android. No random BS like you find in SenseUI with things scattered, and 20 apks for things that could be run by 1 or 2.(ie all the Htcwidgetanything.apks they got. or this com.htc.resources crap.) they complicated everything which is y its taking me so long to make a COMPLETE theme.. there are soooo many apks to theme, instead of 1 framework, and a few base/ stock apps.

I will however WHEN AND IF they unlock NAND completely and we have full read/ write while booted, modify all my themes into a MetaMorph package! This will allow for smaller files, simpler installs, and the ability to apply my theme to ANY ROM! (here's hopin they do it soon before my theme requires people to just download a full sized ROM, instead of just a few files):cool:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones