• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [THEME] MS840 LD-ICK v1.0 {ZVA} [ICS Hybrid]

LDrifta

No Stranger 2 Danger
Jun 7, 2011
Lynn, MA
ZVA~THEME~ONLY!!!!!
MS840_LD-ICK {ZVA} Flash at YOUR own risk!!!

Includes:

-Holo Launcher (Very ICS looking)
-ICS Wallpapers
-ICS Theme in system apps + framework
-ICS Window Animations
-ICS Swipe to Clear
-ICS Statustbar item layout
-ICS/GB Settings mix

~Very lightweight and compatable with MOST {ZVA} Roms :D
(But reccommended to be used with #2/LD-LG)

What's themed?

(Holo Launcher reduced the amount of required icon replacements LOL)
-themed System Apps + Framework
-download provider
-gallery
-keyboard
-dialer
-mms-added wallpapers
-volume sliders
-System UI

Download links:

LD-ICK v1.0 ZVA

Installation Instructions:

*Installer-script is set to wipe Cache & Dalvik Cache

-Copy Theme [Zip file] to sd card

-Boot to recovery

-Make Backup!!

-Flash Theme [No Wipe Required]

-Reboot & Enjoy

Battery Saving Tips :D

Changelog:

v1.0
-First release

Are the setting supposed to be green & orange?..or is that a left over from me using the orangemix theme?
tuzaba6y.jpg

Sorry bout the size of the image..posted this from my phone

Upvote 0
You didnt happen to freeze or delete the metro web app did you?

Didn't change anything... I did a clean flash of #2 1.5 and downloaded some apps from the Play Store to make sure it was working.

Rebooted into recovery and flashed the Theme.

The Play Store starts but as soon as I try to download or update an App it force closes. When I try to start the Play Store again the screen just flashes gray like its going to start but just force closes again without any indication.

Upvote 0
Didn't change anything... I did a clean flash of #2 1.5 and downloaded some apps from the Play Store to make sure it was working.

Rebooted into recovery and flashed the Theme.

The Play Store starts but as soon as I try to download or update an App it force closes. When I try to start the Play Store again the screen just flashes gray like its going to start but just force closes again without any indication.
Weird... if you haven't already, try menu>settings >applications >manage applications >all> google play store> clear data. You'll have to re-login to the market but hopefully that works.

Upvote 0
Weird... if you haven't already, try menu>settings >applications >manage applications >all> google play store> clear data. You'll have to re-login to the market but hopefully that works.

Tried but was a no go. Even replaced the Vending.apk but still a no go. Looked in the theme zip to see what was changed but couldnt make heads or tails as what was associated with the Market.

I just restored my backup and will just wait to see if there is a fix.

I just love that theme...

Upvote 0
Tried but was a no go. Even replaced the Vending.apk but still a no go. Looked in the theme zip to see what was changed but couldnt make heads or tails as what was associated with the Market.

I just restored my backup and will just wait to see if there is a fix.

I just love that theme...

I'm using this theme and I dnt have any issues with the market, that's why I find it weird that you're having an issue.

Upvote 0
great theme, but here are some bugs i'm running into on stock rooted zva:

1. both gallery and play store keep force closing (even after clearing data, making sure nothing was frozen, etc.)
2. download manager is nowhere to be found
3. wifi and bluetooth icons in status bar revert to original icons during animation when toggling on/off (no biggie, just fyi)
4. extra app was unknowingly installed (it'd be nice if that was explained in the description)

i will definitely re-flash this theme once it gets an update

Upvote 0
Are the setting supposed to be green & orange?..or is that a left over from me using the orangemix theme?
tuzaba6y.jpg

Sorry bout the size of the image..posted this from my phone

My settings don't have green and orange its default black and white from RN2.. Idk why i dont think i did anything different then you but thats just the way it came out for me.

Upvote 0
When I flashed this yesterday everything worked, including the play store...though my settings stayed blue the same as before the flash, from BeastCandy. Also I had changed some of my status bar icons with Rom Toolbox (4g, signal, battery & wifi) the only one that changed after flashing this was the battery. None of this mattered to me much, just putting this info out there incase it helps with some of the issues others are having...
Another great piece of work from idrifta!

Upvote 0
Thanks for this Theme ldrifta i love it.... and i didn't have any problems like people are reporting with the Google Play Store....

Edit: i would like only one thing to get fix if i not a lot of trouble it i would just be the % of the battery and doesnt fit on the battery icon the numbers comes out of the battery icon...

You could always use Rom Toolbox and replace it with any battery icon you want..

Upvote 0
I didnt want to take up a whole page with screenshots so heres 1 link to see at least 5 screenshots, for now :D (CLICK HERE)

P.S
The 1st picture that shows a 2nd toggle bar is not in this theme, its an app that I dwnloaded and themed that way, the app is "widgetsoid" but in order to get the toggles in the notibar you have to get the paid version. Here is a link to that app in the Play Store if you want to check it out (Widgetsoid App)

Hey shatterproof, how do you get that second toggle bar? it looks great

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones